If you are involved in the food business in any way, then you are obliged by law to take every step possible to ensure that the food you produce or serve is fit for human consumption. Indeed a recognised Food Safety Training certificate is now a pre-requisite for many employers within the Food Manufacturing, Catering and Retail industries.
GET A FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE – FREE
Certificate of Achievement
GET THIS FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE FOR FREE
All you need to do is register (quick and free) and answer 19 Food Hygiene related questions.
To begin click below;
Start Your Quiz
Upon passing the quiz you will be able to immediately download your personalized certificate.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE FOOD HYGIENE COURSES
Examinations follow industry standards. At the end of your course you will be able to take the online assessment, which consists of a series of multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 70%. The answers are marked instantly so you will know whether you have passed as soon as you finish.
If you don’t pass the assessment on your first attempt then you can return to the course, review the material and re- take it again as many times as is necessary, at no extra charge.
This is instant and online. Upon successfully passing the course you can get your certificate of completion immediately by printing it off, or you can request to have it posted to you.
Programmes are in an online, interactive and animated format with high quality graphics.
This course should take approximately no more than 2-3 hours to complete. However candidates can complete the course in stages, by saving your progress and revisiting the training at any time.
You do not need any previous experience (or specific entry requirements) to take this course.
We will provide you with support and advice via telephone (0121 638 0026) or email (email@example.com).
Start right away
You have instant access and can start the course online immediately. Our programmes are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who needs to take this course
Anyone working with food in the catering, retail or manufacturing sectors.
What main subjects does the course cover?
- Introduction to Food Safety
- Food Poisoning
- Prevention of Cross Contamination
- Food Preservation
- Handling Food
- Food Storage
- Personal Hygiene
- Premises & Pest Control
- Cleaning & Disinfection
- Understanding Food Law
- Pest Recognition and Control
Food hygiene course overview
These qualifications have been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to specific business environments where food is prepared, cooked and handled. Courses will give students an insight into;
- Preparing food so it is fit for human consumption.
- Accurately describing or presenting food.
- The routines and procedures that must be followed to avoid food hazards.
- Food poisoning and how it is contaminated.
- Using ingredients in the preparation of food.
- Cooking food for the appropriate length of time.
- Storing food at the right temperature.
- Preventing contamination.
- Best before and ‘use by’ dates.
- Packaging of food.
- Storage of food.
- Transportation and distribution of food.
- Handling of food.
- Good food waste management practices.
- Food labelling.
- Food poisoning.
- Keeping your workplace and equipment clean.
- Personal hygiene.
- Effective hand washing.
- Serving food and drinks.
- Reheating food.
- Food Allergens
- Food waste and disposal
- Introduction to HACCP, or Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point methodology.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT FOOD HYGIENE
The importance of good food hygiene
On our food hygiene course you will learn about the importance of having in place, implementing and maintaining good food management procedures. Having proper procedures for food preparation and serving will ensure that;
- Food safety risks are minimised.
- Legal guidelines are adhered to.
- Contingency plans are in place for emergencies and food recall etc.
- Costs and overheads are kept down through effective budgetary planning and control.
- You know how to propely taste and smell food to ensure that it is safe.
- Foodstuff is kept fresh for the maximum amount of time possible.
- Taste, palatability and flavor meet the expectations of consumers.
- The nutritional value of food is always maintained.
- Customer complaints about quality or service are always investigated and resolved.
- Food preparation and portion sizes are always monitored.
- Accurate records regarding health and safety are kept and updated regularly.
- High standards are set for employee performance.
- Food and equipment inventories are maintained.
- Supplies are ordered on time.
Pest control and food hygiene
It is vital that all steps are taken to prevent pests such as rodents and cockroaches from gaining access to any area where food is stored, prepared, cooked or served. Below are steps you can take to achieve this:
Continuous monitoring and inspecting areas regularly to detect any signs of infestation.
The advantages of online training
- Save time and expense as there is no need to attend any classes.
- Students can learn at their own pace.
- Online courses are significantly cheaper than classroom based ones.
More online food hygiene courses
Food hygiene certificate online
Food hygiene certificate
HACCP training courses
Level 3 food safety
Level 2 food hygiene certificate
Related food hygiene links
Canned food shelf life
Cleaning kitchen equipment
Cross contamination of food
Food allergy testing
Food date and expiration labels
Food handlers responsibility
Food hygiene regulations
Food hygiene quiz
Food hygiene regulations 2006
Food poisoning bacteria
Food preparation area
Food Safety tips
Kitchen bins and refuse bags
Kitchen towels cloths and sponges
Personal hygiene for food handlers
Pest control in food preparation areas
Safe food handling
Shelf life of foods
Temperature and Thermometers
What is HACCP
Online degree courses
Online health and safety courses
Introduction to graduate fasttrack schemes
Student loan company
UCAS personal statement
University interview questions