The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An easy going, sensitive but committed healthcare professional who has experience of working in a wide variety of settings. Karen is able to work well within any multi-disciplinary team setting, and to provide a high quality of care at all times. She will always respect a client’s independence and goes out of her way to treat them with fairness and courtesy. Her excellent communication skills allow her to connect with clients and to quickly get to know their interests and needs. She has a passion for success and a commitment to quality that is second to none. Right now she is looking for a varied, challenging and rewarding position with an organisation that gives their staff the support they need to grow and develop in a role.
HEALTH CARE – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for delivering high quality healthcare services to individuals with clinical and nursing needs.
- Assisting clients with all aspects of personal care, medical care, light domestic duties and general day to day tasks.
- Developing care standards and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Expressing empathy and understanding of the issues encountered by patients with care needs.
- Providing support to physically or mentally disabled people and vulnerable adults.
- Advising senior healthcare staff of any difficulties, deficiencies or incidents.
- Communicating with other healthcare professional involved in the care of the patients.
- Educating and advising patients about their health.
- Meeting patients’ needs in personal hygiene and nutrition.
- Recording a patient’s temperature, pulse, respiratory rate and blood pressure.
- Caring for people in their own homes.
- Ensuring a safe and hygienic environment for all.
- Accompanying patients to and from ward areas.
- Writing up patient records.
- Removing clinical waste from wards.
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Able to write healthcare reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of working with service users who have serious offending behaviours.
- Ensuring compliance with Infection Control and Risk Regulations.
- Interpreting and crafting responses to patient requirements.
- Having a mature and responsible attitude towards work.
- Able to relate to people from a wide variety of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Willing to travel to varying work locations during unsocial hours.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Working in the community
Central Birmingham University – Nursing Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.