Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
Inventory Management resume
The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An analytical and commercially astute Inventory Manager who boasts first class organisational and presentation skills. Karen is an excellent problem solver who is open to innovation and change and not afraid to challenge existing structures. She has a long track record of achieving within a commercially-driven environment, and her key skills lie in vendor management, and verifying month-end numbers for accounting purposes. On top of this she possesses a strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to dive into problems and data to find actionable solutions. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that is seeking to appoint a talented and experienced individual who gets results.
INVENTORY MANAGER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for all the inventory aspects on the site such as stock location and availability, replenishment control and inventory auditing. Also in charge of the accuracy of all data kept on the receiving, production, and shipment of stock.
- Maintaining optimal stock levels to ensure timely availability of products.
- Managing an Inventory team comprising of Shift Managers and team leaders.
- Setting operational standards for all staff to follow.
- Managing excess and ageing stock.
- Reviewing service levels on a continuous basis.
- Using electronic inventory tracking to scan stock and reconcile inventory.
- Minimising exposure to obsolete and excess stock.
- Putting forward recommendations for operational policy, procedures and goals.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets to report and analyze data.
- Recruiting, hiring and managing a team of Inventory Counters.
- Maintaining effective business relationships with customers.
- Issuing purchase orders to customers.
- Presenting written reports and analyses to senior managers.
- Coordinating the shipment of goods from the warehouse.
- Sending reports and documents to customers.
- Investigating customer complaints.
- Using scanning terminals, and professional fixed asset tracking software.
ASSISTANT MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A methodical approach to figures and reporting.
- A solid understanding of inventory related best practice.
- Coordinating inventory related projects.
- Knowledge of demand and supply planning.
- Excellent numerical and logical analytics skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through effective prioritisation.
- Understanding and following work rules and procedures.
- Strong organizational, analytical, self-management and goal setting skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Supply Chain Management
Fixed asset management
Central Birmingham University – Management Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.