120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0044 121 638 0026
A responsible and committed journalist who displays an ability to write balanced, informative and interesting stories that give all involved parties an opportunity to have their say. A quick learner who can absorb new ideas and can communicate clearly and effectively. Possessing excellent bonding skills and an enquiring mind that helps to win over the confidence of people. Multi skilled with a ability to build strong working relationships with fellow investigators, photographers, columnists and news editors. Currently looking for a suitable role in journalism with a reputable and exciting publisher.
JOURNALIST – May 2008 – Present
Working as a investigative reporter as part of a team of writers, providing full coverage of local political and economic events.
- Conducting interviews with readers, sources and anyone directly involved in a story.
- Quickly collecting and analysing information on any breaking news stories.
- Writing features and news stories and then submitting them to the editor before publication.
- Involved in picture selection and the layout design of a page.
- Attending press launches, meetings and conferences etc.
- Answering the telephone on the news desk and dealing with any enquiries.
- Contacting victims of crime and persons who may have a news story.
- Following up leads for potential new stories.
- Sourcing and interviewing professionals, victims and academics for case studies and comments.
- Conducting interviews in person and over the phone.
- Deciding on the content for stories.
- Coming up with catchy headings for features.
- Editing copy.
- Reviewing products and services and then writing pieces about them.
- Producing marketing and promotional material for the publication.
- Responding quickly and professionally to tip offs.
- Ability to writing interesting articles for targeted niche audiences.
- Can work to tight rolling deadlines.
- Knowledge of writing about a range of topics including; crime, travel, sports, employment, health and fitness, education, relationships, the economy and culture.
- Can deal with aggressive individuals and hostile situations.
- Thorough knowledge of both print and broadcast new media.
- Experience across a range of local, regional and national press.
- Up to date with all current affairs and local, national and international news.
- Ability to write creative and interesting articles.
- Command of the English language.
- Research skills.
- Proficient in all MS Office tools and the latest journalistic software.
- Contributing articles, comments and opinion pieces to the newspapers website.
- Ability to write up notes in shorthand.
- Can absorb and organise large amounts of complex information quickly.
- Fully aware of all current laws and regulations relating to journalism.
- Willingness to learn.
- Inquisitive by nature.
- Excellent communication skills and able to relate to people from all social backgrounds.
- Able to deal with setbacks and rejections.
- Ability to build contacts so as to maintain a flow of information in the future.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Media Studies
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Copyright information – Please read
© This journalism CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd 2010. Job seekers may download and use this resume for their own personal use to help them create their own CV. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our website. However this curriculum vitae sample must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of these teacher CV templates please email: email@example.com.