Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
Kitchen Porter CV template
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A enthusiastic, confident and hardworking kitchen porter with a well deserved reputation for providing exceptional service and also delivering consistently high standards. Having a willingness to handle various responsibilities, follow instructions and work under supervision. Now looking for a new challenging kitchen porter position with a reputable and exciting employer who offers competitive rates of pay as well as excellent career progression and development opportunities.
5 Star Hotel
KITCHEN PORTER – May 2008 – Present
Working as part of a team in a busy kitchen assisting in the day to day running of the catering area. Along with the kitchen management team complying with all hygiene and health and safety programmes and regulations.
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Dealing with all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
- Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
- Keeping breakages down to a minimum.
- Training and developing new staff members.
- Complying with the daily cleaning rotas.
- Taking all dirty linen and cloths from the kitchen to the hotel laundry.
- Carrying out regular quality assurance audits.
- Handling all glasses and china with great care.
- Attending company training programmes when required.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
- Can accurately follow instructions.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Meticulous in detail.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy weights.
- Having a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Possessing a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Approachable and friendly.
- Focused on providing a consistently high standard of customer service.
- Highly motivated and focused.
- Can work under pressure.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Traditional English recipes
Knowledge of hygiene
Attention to detail
Evesham North College 2005 – 2008
NVQ Hospitality & Food preperation
Basic Food Hygiene & Basic Health & Safety Certificate
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Related kitchen CV links:
Kitchen assistant CV template
Kitchen assistant cover letter
Kitchen Hand resume examples
Kitchen Hand resume
Kitchen Hand resume 1
Kitchen Hand resume 2
Kitchen Hand resume 3
Free CV templates:
Catering assistant CV template
Chef CV template
Cook CV template
Sous chef CV template
Waitress CV template
More relevant links:
Curriculum vitae examples for other industry sectors
Cover letter examples