Develop your team and become a more effective manager by enrolling on a leadership training course that will show you how to get the best out of others.
These-days managers need to be dynamic and inspirational, they need to be able to see the big picture so they can have a significantly impact on what goes on around them. Companies never underestimate the strength of an inspirational leader, it’s a vital role that is essential for the successful running of any organization. By becoming an efficient leader you will not only be able to inspire your subordinates to work much harder for you, but also learn how to distinguish between just being busy and being productive.
It’s important for newly promoted and also experienced managers to receive regular leadership training in those key areas that are deemed to be fundamental to running a successful firm.
Leadership training courses overview
This course will provide you with those skills and techniques that you can put into practice immediately. Training can increase your performance by enhancing specific competencies that will stretch your comfort zones into new and challenging territory.
On a course you will learn how to inspire staff, change behaviour, improve performance and conduct your duties in such a way that they impact positively on all those around you. It will empower you to meet the critical needs of any employer that you work for by firstly helping them to clarify their goals, and secondly coming up with methods for achieving those set targets.
Through professional academic teaching you will discover how to build commitment and translate strategy into effective action. You will learn about the role of a leader, what it entails, the responsibilities and pressures of being the ‘go to’ person in a company. By becoming educated in how to effectively direct people, you will be able to lead the way for others. Successful management is all about being positive, upbeat and always looking on the bright side of things. You will leave this course with the skills needed to maximise the performance of subordinates by properly managing their time and prioritising their work.
Teaching can take place through training videos, lectures, publications and up to date course material. Classes will help you to gain the confidence and authority needed to make people work together as part of an efficient and effective team. Via classroom discussions, group work and case studies, you will be taught how to improve not only your own performance, but that of others as well. The emphasis of all leadership training is on practical skills, and practical exercises, through which you will learn how to inspire others by creating a positive and productive atmosphere. With flair, integrity and authenticity you will be able to manage any complex managerial issues that are hindering performance.
Today’s leadership training courses include teaching you how to be articulate, show empathy and clearly understand the needs of junior employees. You will develop the drive, confidence and mindset needed to achieve outstanding results.
Typical subjects taught on a leadership training course
- Account Management
- Active Leadership
- Building Confidence
- Coaching Skills
- Crisis Management
- Dealing with conflict
- Decision Making
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Goal setting
- Handling Mistakes
- Handling Objections
- Individual motivation
- Influence and Persuation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Interviewing skills
- Leading Change
- Leadership Behaviours
- Leadership Presence
- Managing Meetings
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Managing Remote Teams
- Management Skills
- Organisational Effectiveness
- Personal Development
- Planning and Organising
- problem Analysis
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Sales and Marketing
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Team Synergy
- Time Management
You will learn how to
- Identify staff who need training to improve their performance.
- Produce realistic and detailed training plans.
- Create a corporate culture.
- Handle adversity.
- Lead by example.
- Develop a ‘can do’ attitude in people.
- Communicate in a clear and compelling way.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- See things from all points of view.
- Think on your feet.
- Manage conflict and handle difficult people.
- Handling interruptions and distractions.
- Prepare your message in advance.
- Ask the right questions.
- Separate important and urgent tasks.
- Develop an individuals talents and strengths.
- Coming to logical conclusions.
You will learn about
- Creating action plans.
- Developing a positive mental attitude.
- Taking decisive action.
- Gathering feedback.
- Procrastination and standing still.
- Interpreting the behaviour of others.
Questions to ask a leadership training provider
- What is the average first time pass rate.
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running these courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
Who is a leadership training course suitable for
It is suitable for anyone looking for a practical and incisive approach to developing their leadership skills. This group can include team leaders, project leaders, junior and middle managers, in fact anyone committed to continuous improvement. The course will fit middle managers from the private and public sectors who want to increase their effectiveness and powers of influence.