The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A committed, proven and dependable Marketing Consultant who has a successful track record of showing, promoting, and selling products/services. Karen is a consummate professional who will bring to your company fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service. In her current role she is primarily responsible for communicating with customers via telephone calls, emails, written correspondence and face-to-face meetings. Her key strengths include, but are not limited to; conducting interviews, designing questionnaires and carrying out promotional activities. She a self-starter with an analytical mind, who is an expert at increasing cross-selling, retention and profitability. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a fast-moving organization that has an environment of endless opportunities.
MARKETING CONSULTANT – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for marketing the company’s products to potential customers.
- Overcoming customer objections and closing business deals.
- Applying company values and priorities to all communications, decisions, and actions.
- Building client relationships.
- Responding quickly to enquiries from potential customers.
- Investigating points such as price, demand and competition.
- Rolling out new sales programs.
- Carrying out marketing research.
- Identifying and driving new efficiency and growth opportunities on campaigns.
- Marketing the company products at trade shows, exhibitions and fairs.
- Carrying out background research on clients.
- Actively participating in brainstorming sessions and strategy meetings.
- Negotiating effectively with clients.
- Communicating findings and recommendations to senior managers.
TRAINEE ASSISTANT – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of proactive outbound marketing techniques.
- Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Prospecting for new customers.
- Effectively present information and conclusions to senior managers.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of working with advertisers and media buyers.
- Can manage diverse responsibilities and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Staying up to date with marketing automation best practices.
- Energetic, outgoing and able to thrive in a high volume environment.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
New business acquisition
Central Birmingham University – MBA Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Online Marketing degree