The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A highly experienced Mechanical Technician, who comes to you with a track record of successfully using tools and computer software to repair & maintain machinery and mechanical equipment. Overall Maxine has worked in this field for more than 3 years, and is comfortable working in a highly critical, fast paced environment which has shifting priorities. As a true all-rounder, she has experience of pipe fitting, centrifugal pipe repair, industrial hydraulic power systems, bearings and industrial lubrication. She has worked on dispensing equipment, robots, conveyor belts as well as plumbing and refrigeration systems. She possesses the required level of enthusiasm and energy needed to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, and operate efficiently. At this precise moment in time she would like to join a company that has a work environment which fosters contributions by all employees.
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for working as part of a team that repairs mechanical problems.
- Developing, testing and make modifications to mechanical equipment.
- Assisting with Mechanical Installations.
- Completing all duties according to applicable safety measures and published procedures.
- Using screwdrivers, wrenches, socket wrenches, pliers, hammers, chisels and punches to troubleshoot and repair complex equipment problems.
- Assisting field technicians with diagnostic checks and symptom analysis.
- Explaining technical issues to non-technical people.
- Keeping an up to date inventory of mechanical tools.
- Identifying malfunctions and then carrying out repairs.
- Repairing or replacing defective equipment parts.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance.
- Interpreting test plans and procedures.
- Wearing appropriate safety clothes in designated safety areas.
- Assisting trainee technicians.
- Consulting with senior colleagues regarding technical issues.
- Keeping the workplace in an organised and clean condition.
- Correctly using hand and power tools.
- Operating computer-controlled industrial equipment.
- Cleaning and lubricating gears, shafts, bearings and other machinery parts.
TRAINEE TECHNICIAN – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Technical documentation and reporting.
- Proficient in MS office programs such as Word and Excel.
- Constant attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Can build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of test instrumentation, measurement techniques and metrology methods.
- Having an analytical mind.
- Ability to problem solve in a logical way.
- Excellent punctuality and attendance record.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Manufacturing Operations Support
Mechanical Project Management
Central Birmingham University – Mechanical Engineering Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Online Mechanical Engineering degree
Technician related CV and resume templates
Aircraft technician resume
Automotive technician resume
CAD Technician CV template
IT support technician CV sample
ICT technician CV template
Pharmacy Technician resume