The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A capable and focused Network Administrator who has a team player mind-set and a willingness to assist others whenever possible. Maxine is an expert at coordinating the installation and connectivity of an organisations IT assets. She has a solid understanding of network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, SMTP and HTTP, and is someone who has the ability to work under the pressure of high standards and strict deadlines. In her present role she is supporting the company’s computer networks, PC support services and servers, thereby enabling her employer to gain a competitive advantage over competitors. Right now she is looking for a role that is an ideal springboard into management and a good opportunity to observe and be involved in all areas of networking.
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for administering the day-to-day operation of networks and servers and for providing technical support to end users.
- Isolating network anomalies and then coming up with corrective plans.
- Creating high-level and detailed maps of network and other infrastructure systems.
- Supporting network installations in local, national and international locations.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of computer networks.
- Provide first-level telephone support to end users.
- Reporting network failures and degradations to technical control centers.
- Performing the daily monitoring of the networks health and status.
- Building relationships with the technical staff of key customers.
- Carrying out router and switch configurations.
- Providing technical assistance and support to staff, administrators and end users.
- Configuring and setting up Cisco Firewalls.
- Conducting weekly customer updates.
- Participating in multiple IT projects at the same time.
- Maintaining LAN user documentation.
- Establishing and maintaining user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
TRAINEE ADMINISTRATOR – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical instructions and manuals.
- Familiarity with Enterprise technologies.
- Knowledge of Network Security and Microsoft Exchange administration.
- Able to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Comprehensive understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Ability to support voice and video applications.
- Having keen attention to detail whilst at the same time able to see the big picture.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Operating system migrations
IT service management
Physical infrastructure support
Central Birmingham University – Networking Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Network analyst CV examples
Network analyst CV