The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A detail orientated, focused and ambitious Network Administrator who has a passion for new technologies related to computer networking. Maxine has proven success in driving process improvements and supporting network operating systems. She is able to quickly learn other applications and stays current with the latest system information, changes and updates. During a lengthy career she has worked on server hardware, software, cabling, switches, routers, system upgrades and system documentation. Her key strengths lie in problem resolution, and providing technical support to end users. Right now she would like to work for a company that has an environment where there is experienced leadership and direct and honest communication.
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for providing network related analysis, administration, and integration services.
- Responding to operational needs in a timely manner.
- Writing supporting documents describing in details all work completed.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining physical and virtual computer servers and desktops.
- Maintaining network connections and equipment.
- Recommending network and server hardware and software.
- Identifying network requirements.
- Assisting in the installation, performance and maintenance for LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Installing network upgrades.
- Performing daily system back-ups.
- Performing router and switch upgrades.
- Investigating user problems.
- Supporting new network applications and technologies.
- Assisting Network Team to deploy project based solutions.
- Monitoring network performance.
- Administering virus protection software.
- Maintaining card key access accounts.
- Creating user accounts.
- Performing system backups and recovery.
- Maintaining documentation for a network environment.
TRAINEE ADMINISTRATOR – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Network maintenance and problem solving.
- Troubleshooting electrical, software, and network issues.
- Monitoring usage to determine access security.
- Previous experience of working in a help desk role.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Building, configuring and maintaining Linux servers.
- Experience with backup software such as Backup Exec and Net Backup.
- Installing rack mounted equipment.
- Having a security mind set.
- Can work comfortably within a deadline driven environment
- Performing well in stressful situations.
- Able to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Network performance tuning
Data Center management
Hardware and software inventory
Central Birmingham University – Networking Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
More Network administrator resume examples
Network administrator resume
Network administrator resume 1
Network Engineer resume and CV examples
Network Engineer CV
Network Engineer resume
Network Engineer resume 1
Network Engineer resume 2
Network Engineer resume 3
Network analyst CV examples
Network analyst CV