The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A mature, flexible and intellectually alert Nurse, who strives for excellence and who wants to be amongst the best in the healthcare industry. Karen has comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based patient care, and extensive experience of assessing, initiating and coordinating patient care on a daily basis. Possessing superb communication skills means that she can quickly command the respect and confidence of patients. In the past she has provided coordinated medical treatment and services to both outpatients and inpatients in diverse settings such as hospitals, physician offices, nursing homes, public health departments, and community health centers. Right now she is looking for a suitable nursing position in a dynamic patient and family-centered care environment.
NURSE PRACTITIONER RESUME – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for ensuring that patients receive a comprehensive and efficient health care service from a multidisciplinary medical team.
- Assisting physicians, nurses and allied health professionals with advanced medical and surgical procedures.
- Caring for patients in a clinic, hospital and dialysis center.
- Performing routine medical examinations on patients.
- Advising patients about their health.
- Providing education, communication and support to patients and their families.
- Performing patient assessments.
- Accurately following established nursing standards and practices.
- Responding to emergency situations.
- Treating a wide variety of young and old patients with a variety of health care needs.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Looking after patients in both an inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Analysing medical test results.
- Performing non-clinical tasks as required.
- Providing general care to patients of all ages.
- Carrying out the early identification of critically ill patients.
- Performing chart audits.
- Administering medicine to patients under the supervision of a qualified doctor or senior nurse.
- Writing up a patients discharge papers.
- Writing up routine medical reports and correspondence.
- Participating in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Researching a patient’s medical history.
TRAINEE NURSE – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
- Sound clinical judgment.
- Presenting a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with values such as compassion, dignity and excellence.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Nursing Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.