The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A self-motivated Nursing Assistant who is able to accomplish all her assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision. Karen has extensive knowledge of basic nursing procedures and as a true professional will always demonstrate compassion, dignity and respect when looking after her patients. She is in good physical and mental shape and is more than able to take care of the day-to-day needs of people under her jurisdiction. She has experience of looking after both adults and children in diverse locations such as health centers, hospitals and residential homes. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that is committed to providing the best healthcare for its patients and the best working environment for its employees.
NURSING ASSISTANT – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for working under the supervision of senior nurses and performing various duties to assist in patient treatment and care.
- Taking and recording a patient’s temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates.
- Assisting patients with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
- Transporting patients around from one place to another.
- Preparing patients for treatment.
- Setting up medical equipment.
- Determining a patient’s needs.
- Facilitating the admission, discharge and transfer of patients.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Serving meals to patients and then monitoring their eating habits.
- Providing meal supplements and fresh drinking water as needed.
- Keeping patient’s rooms and equipment clean, neat and orderly.
- Observing a residents’ health concerns and reporting abnormalities to the charge nurse.
- Generally assisting with patients’ overall comfort.
- Carrying out a range of housekeeping duties.
- Updating patient records.
- Helping patients to walk and use a wheelchair.
TRAINEE NURSE – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Possessing superb manual dexterity to handle medical instruments and equipment.
- Maintaining patient care equipment.
- Physically fit, with a lot of stamina and able to lift or move patients and bulky equipment around.
- Knowledge of aseptic practices and cardio-pulmonary techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Can establish good working relationships with supervisors and co-workers.
- Committed to patient safety, comfort and privacy.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Long Term Care
Central Birmingham University – Nursing Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.