Prevention is better than cure. It is a legal requirement for anyone who works in a food handling area to maintain a high degree of personal cleanliness. Food handlers should pay particular concern to their hands and hair.
GET A FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE – FREE
Certificate of Achievement
GET THIS FOOD HYGIENE CERTIFICATE FOR FREE
All you need to do is register (quick and free) and answer 19 Food Hygiene related questions.
To begin click below;
Start Your Quiz
Upon passing the quiz you will be able to immediately download your personalized certificate.
Tips on personal hygiene;
- Keep fingernails short and clean
- Remove all nail polish (chips of varnish can fall off into food, and colour can hide dirt under finger nails).
- Do not wear jewellery (especially dangling pieces), as they can fall into food.
- Avoid strong smelling perfumes or aftershaves.
Bad habits that you should avoid include:
- Excessive handling of food.
- Touching the rims of glasses.
- Nail biting
Both short and long hair must be kept under control. This can be done by wearing a cap or a hair-net or tying your hair back.
If you have cut yourself then you must cover the wound with a completely waterproof plaster or dressing. Ideally you should use special highly visible blue coloured plasters. Avoid using strip dressings as germs can escape from the open ends.
Food hygiene course online