The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Karen has a long track record of taking blood from patients without harming them or disturbing their nursing care. She possesses extensive knowledge of phlebotomy techniques and has the highest standards of customer service and attitude. As a true professional, she performs all her duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner. A committed health worker, she is professional in her appearance at all times, and possess a calm and friendly manner that allows her to quickly put patients at ease. In addition to this she will always adhere to the strictest professional standards, policies and procedures. She has experience of providing phlebotomy services at both in-house or outpatient locations as well as laboratory’s, clinics, health fairs and the homes of patients. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with an employer that has in its workplace a combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare.
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for obtaining and processing blood and body fluid specimens from patients or clients of all age ranges.
- Collecting blood samples from patients, labelling them and dispatching them for analysis and testing.
- Transporting blood samples to the correct laboratory.
- Performing laboratory tests.
- Collecting laboratory specimens in a safe and accurate way.
- Assembling medical equipment, such as blood collection devices, tourniquet, needles, cotton and trays.
- Entering data into laboratory and hospital data systems.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality according to applicable laws.
- Obtaining appropriate medical information from patients.
- Identifying and preparing patients.
- Monitoring patient glucose levels by performing bedside glucose tests.
- Collecting blood specimens through veni-puncture and skin puncture.
- Ensuring open channels of communication between patients and employee’s.
- Assisting in the training of students and new employees.
- Ensuring appropriate equipment and supply usage.
- Maintaining neat, organized records and work station area.
TRAINEE ART TEACHER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Providing quality, innovative care to patients.
- Assessing a situation, considering options or alternatives, and then choosing an appropriate course of action.
- Methods of blood collection.
- Possessing a vehicle and clean driving license.Relaxed attitude and easy to get along with.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Health & Safety
Central Birmingham University – Phlebotomy Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.