The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A proven Practice Manager who can manage the work of all clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure effective service delivery in a busy surgery. Maxine is always objective and helpful when managing patient enquiries and making changes to appointments or chasing results. She is continually improving internal processes and practices and is committed to providing accessible, prompt and professional health care to her patients. In her current role she contributes to the strategic direction, governance and sustainability of the Practice. On a personal level she has a steely determination to succeed in everything that she does. Right now, she would like to join a company that has an environment in which personal development and teamwork flourish.
PRACTICE MANAGER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients, doctors and staff, and the successful smooth running of the Practice.
- Managing the diary for all clinicians’ holidays, meetings, etc and to making sure all the related information is incorporated into the appointment schedules.
- Preparing regular written forecasts and reports for senior managers.
- Encouraging effective teamwork across the practice.
- Implementing policies on issues such as working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Managing all staff within their job descriptions and to ensure that performance meets satisfactory standards.
- Acting as practice Fire Officer, organising monthly fire drills and documenting these accordingly.
- Working with the Out of Hours service in order to maintain 24-hour cover for all patients.
- Ensuring that the practice insurance is kept up-to-date and remains active and that the terms of the policies are not breached.
- Maintaining an accurate and efficient appointment system.
- Making, cancelling and rearranging appointments via the clinical system.
- Alerting team members to issues of quality and risk in relation to their work.
- Delegating duties to members of the practice team and then overseeing them as appropriate.
- Deputising for colleagues in their absence.
- Ensuring the fair and consistent application of all personnel policies, including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Mapping patient information flows.
- Compiling the agendas for all management and clinical staff meetings.
- Making sure that the practice is well stocked with all the necessary supplied its needs to operate.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Conducting performance appraisals to identify staff training and development needs.
- Giving out test results in a professional manner.
- Developing and maintaining effective communication both within the Practice and with relevant outside agencies.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
- Keeping the practice area tidy.
- Ensuring that staff rotas are adequate and well planned to meet the business need.
- Demonstrable operational management ability.
- Knowledge of Primary Care within the NHS.
- Acting in a way that recognizes the importance of people’s rights.
- Charming and be able to strike up new relationships fast and effectively.
- A willingness to accept responsibility and to take initiatives.
- Having the confidence and resilience needed to operate in a high profile organisation.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.