The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine is a highly motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic Practice Manager who has strong people management skills and the ability to delegate effectively. She is a real professional who is able to address issues as they arise to keep the service running smoothly. In her current role she has direct authority and decision-making responsibilities over all business aspects of the practice. At work she manages all patient interaction and has a reputation for developing a positive relationship with both them and other related parties. As a real team player she can ensure that staff understand how their activities contribute to the overall success of the organisation. On a personal level she takes every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve her professional knowledge and competence. Right now, she would like to join a fast-growing enterprise that has a social mission at its heart.
PRACTICE MANAGER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for efficiently managing the every-day running of the practice.
- Supporting the Senior Practice Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Practice.
- Acting as the Practice complaints officer by taking complaints, replying to complainants, recording complaints, investigating complaints and advising complainants.
- Implementing effective staff appraisal and monitoring systems.
- Responsible for Health and Safety issues within the surgery.
- Each evening, performing the lockdown procedure by setting alarms and locking the premises.
- Dealing with administrative queries and requests from patients and act as liaison with the clinicians as necessary.
- Recording the practices income and expenditure accurately and efficiently using the appropriate software package.
- Making sure that paper records are stored securely and archived as appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining a practice website and ensure it remains up-to-date.
- Ensuring that all administration records required are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Managing an effective in-house complaints procedure.
- Organising flowers and gifts etc for staff who are leaving.
- Arranging adequate insurance cover for the practice and business.
- Dealing with enquiries, bookings and diary management.
- Ensuring the return of notes for patients who have left the practice.
- Preparing the Practice for any external inspection visits.
- Only using personal security systems within the workplace according to Practice guidelines.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Can quickly familiarise myself with the handbook of a new practice.
- Effectively managing all Practice staff and ensuring that they clearly understand what is expected of them.
- Answering all telephone calls professionally with care, civility and efficiency.
- Seeing staff as individuals and as work colleagues.
- Committed to maintaining own personal and professional development.
- Establishing a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Experience of operational management in the non-profit sector.
- Managing any relationships with relevant contractors and external third party partners.
- Ability to achieve the business objectives.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Sound judgement, diplomacy and negotiating skills.
- Can operate in a multi-disciplinary team that is made up of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.