The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An exemplary Practice Nurse who is able to prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist patients in need of urgent care. Maxine has great awareness of key issues within the wider health economy, and is determined to maintain a level of expertise in all areas of health care. She has knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and rights of specialist nurses and other medical professionals with whom she has to work with. As an excellent multi-tasker she is able to balance priorities in a way that achieves maximum results for her patients. On a personal level she knows her own limitations and limits her actions to those which she feels competent to undertake. Right now, she is looking to join a hospital where she will have access to mandatory training updates on a regular basis.
PLANNING MANAGER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for working collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients.
- Implementing and evaluating individual treatment plans for patients.
- Acting as a focal point of communication between patients, doctors, nurses and other members of the primary health care team.
- Supporting and advising women requesting information relating to family planning needs.
- Having direct supervision of healthcare assistants at the practice.
- Offering comprehensive travel health advice to patients prior to travel on issues such as food hygiene, sun protection, first aid, emergency medication, health insurance and vaccinations.
- Offering guidance and support to health care assistants to improve standards of care.
- Reporting all incidents, near misses and hazards to senior nurses.
- Carrying out routine procedures such as ear syringing, applying dressings and treating wounds.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues both internally and externally.
- Ensuring the maintenance of medical equipment and stock levels relating to patient care.
- Using personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines.
- Attending and participating in practice meetings as required.
- Carrying out regular checks on medical equipment.
- Keeping a record of everything that is done on a shift.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Acting as a role model in the observance of equality and diversity good practice.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their feelings.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary education and training.
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources.
- Paying attention to minute details.
- Promoting a safe work environment by identifying and resolving potential risk issues.
- Ability to work with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Analyzing a situation and determining the best solution for it.
- Can handle every kind of patient emotions such as anger and frustration.
- Able to mix elements of fun and humour into work to be able to enjoy it better.
- Committed to questioning, exploring, learning and developing throughout my entire career.
- Of stable mind and able to mitigate stressful situations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.