120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A enthusiastic and hardworking prison officer who demonstrates a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times. Always sympathetic to the views of work colleagues and prisoners, by listening attentively at all times to their views. Able to contribute extensively to team work and displaying a willing and helpful manner. Having a proven track record in diplomatically controlling prisoners and therefore maintaining a orderly, safe and secure environment.
Keen to find a challenging position within the prison service where I will be able to continue to increase my abilities as well as apply and develop my professional skills.
PRISON OFFICER – May 2008 – Present
- Helping to ensure a secure environment for prisoners and staff by focusing on the security, supervision and management of the inmates. Carrying out a variety of duties in accordance with the prison policy and procedures.
- Giving support and encouragement to prisoners to address their needs.
- Supporting prisoners who are about to be released or resettled.
- Responding to all contingencies and emergencies that may arise within the prison walls.
- Carrying out policies and projects within the prison grounds to reduce re offending by prisoners.
- Participating in all prison officer training programmes.
- Transporting prisoners from jail to courts for trails.
- Organising programmes that encourage prisoners to address their offending behaviour and take steps to address it.
- Keeping a eye out for prisoners who are likely to self harm themselves.
- Escorting and supervising the movement of prisoners around the prison grounds.
- Reporting any matters of concern to the prison authorities.
- Ensuring that cleanliness and hygiene standards are maintained.
- Constantly promoting pro-social behaviour amongst prisoners.
- Searching prisoners and their cells, as well as members of the public at visiting times.
- Involved in prisoner reviews and associated reports.
- Organising an running workshops for prisoners.
- Securely storing the prisoners property.
- Monitoring vulnerable prisoners.
- Constantly encourage prisoners to do what is best for them, their fellow inmates and their families.
- Fully trained on how to deal with health and safety issues, suicide prevention, race relations, equal opportunity, and anti-bullying.
- Familiar with all MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of Control & Restraint Techniques.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a aggressive and tense environment.
- Confident at addressing, controlling and managing large groups.
- Fully aware of Awareness of Prison Service Orders and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Can multitask and run several projects at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively with prisoners and engage them.
- Able to provide counselling to prisoners.
- Having a high standard of person appearance and being professional and courteous at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels.
- Physically fit and able to move around for long periods.
- Comfortable working unsupervised or as part of a team.
- High level of personal hygiene & dress.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Flexible with shifts and willing to work overtime at short notice.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
CPR and Advanced First Aid qualified
Evesham North College 2005 – 2008
NVQ Health & Safety
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Related security CV and career links:
How to become a police officer
Police officer cover letter example
Police officer CV template
Security guard cover letter
Security guard CV sample
Security officer CV template