The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A born leader who is comfortable working on programs that have a high degree of complexity and are comprised of multiple projects. Karen has a long track record of completing large projects as well as numerous, smaller sized pieces of work. She is able to anticipate, identify and respond to changing business priorities, and will always ensure that projects are delivered to the highest quality and within budget. In the past she has managed large highly visible programs and has always deployed best practices and resources to successfully conclude them. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with an employer that offers opportunities not found anywhere else.
PROGRAM MANAGER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for maintaining ownership of a program schedule, and for providing daily direction to staff and program personnel.
- Directing and coordinating program activities.
- Motivating and managing the program’s team members.
- Managing program schedules.
- Clearly communicating goals to program stakeholders.
- Establishing project requirements, priorities, and deadlines.
- Regularly communicating the status of a program to all impacted stakeholders.
- Developing processes and tools that encourage continuous performance improvements.
- Driving continuous improvement in all aspects of the program.
- Negotiating with other management teams for program resources.
- Dealing directly with customers and managing their requirements and expectations.
- Presenting reports during business meetings.
- Meeting assigned expectations for profitability.
- Issuing progress reports.
- Supervising the work of staff.
- Reviewing and approving all project documentation.
- Tracking activities against the detailed project plans.
- Monitoring and managing all contractors, consultants and third party suppliers within each project.
- Define project scope, objectives, milestones and deliverables.
- Formulating and circulating agendas and action lists.
ASSISTANT PROGRAM MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams.
- Strong experience and understanding of Agile.
- Accurately identifying a clients key requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies.
- Resolving issues in a timely fashion.
- Familiar with the contractual terms of a project.
- Taking appropriate action where performance deviates from set tolerances.
- Building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust.
- Achieving results through others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate at all levels.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Management Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Online Project Management degree
Project Management courses