The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A University-level educated professional who is passionate about what she can do, proud of what she can deliver and prepared to go the extra mile to make a difference. Karen is comfortable working in an ambiguous and rapidly changing business environment where risks need to be assessed and planned for. She is a self-starter who is willing to take the initiative and has the ability to work in a highly dynamic, demanding and deadline driven environment. Her greatest strength is being patient, persistent, and determined to achieve results. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that wants to employ talented managers who get results.
RISK MANAGEMENT – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for gathering information about the company’s outgoings, legal responsibilities and business activities. Also in charge of evaluating any potential future risks to the company’s operations.
- Conducting detailed risk assessments by analysing documents, statistics, reports and market trends.
- Proactively managing financial, regulatory and operational risks.
- Advising senior managers on the potential risks of a project.
- Describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Classifying, evaluating, and monitoring the company’s risk.
- Scrutinizing the company’s property, equipment and resources.
- Implement strategies to minimise the exposure to any risk.
- Carrying out audits and assessments.
- Conducting weekly project reviews of all active tasks.
- Producing financial forecasts, monitoring against them and then reporting the results.
- Defining risk appetite.
- Leading project & programme risk management.
- Analysing complex data from various sources.
ASSISTANT RISK MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices.
- Strong investigatory abilities and mind-set.
- Superb overall It skills.
- Understanding of current Risk management tools and techniques.
- Ability to communicate confidently with Senior Leadership.
- Experience of working in complex international environment.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to network and build strong relationships across an organisation.
- Ability to challenge and influence Senior Managers when necessary.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Ability to articulate ideas and develop alternative recommendations.
- Ability to think through tasks.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Professional, diplomatic and cordial.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Management Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Risk consultant CV sample