Effective management performance is a fundamental requirement of any good manager. It means making decisions of the highest quality, and this is more likely to be the result of an organised and informed approach. Management training courses are focused on developing these managerial and leadership talents in students and teaching them best practice, core skills and the essential tools and techniques that deliver results.
If you are someone who is looking for a recognised qualification that will enable you to meet the challenges of a managerial role, then a short management course is what you need. It can make a real and measurable difference to your performance by giving you skills that will increase your ability, effectiveness and productivity. At the end of the course you will be able to demonstrate your management style with confidence and conviction and draw on a range of approaches to suit each situation you come across.
Despite the short time frame and the large amount of information a person has to digest within it, it can be done. With the right positive attitude, discipline and study skills, many students graduate from the course full of confidence in their ability to deliver results. Quiet a few go straight into jobs where they get to immediately put into practice what they have learnt.
These courses are ideal for both experienced managers who want to broaden and improve their existing skill sets, as well as those new to management and who wish to build their knowledge of contemporary management techniques.
Due to time constraints classes tend to be immersive environments, where you participate in challenging case studies, as well as individual and group activities to apply management tools, techniques and strategies. Students get to use plenty of real-world examples to bring the subject matter to life and to explain the different concepts involved. On many courses the number of students allowed to enrol tends to be restricted, this is done in order to ensure that each individual receives the maximum amount of attention possible from tutors. Again due to the restricted length of the course and the fact that students have to participate in group exercises, individuals are expected and encouraged to attend all classes for the duration of the programme.
Advantages of short courses
- Many training providers allow you to custom your courses to meet your requirements at no additional cost.
- Whilst you are digesting what you have learnt there will always be help there for you if you need advice, guidance and coaching.
Typical course content
- Team leading
- Health & Safety at work
- Human Resource Management
- project management
- Strategic planning
On a short management course you will learn how to
- Manage and motivate other people to achieve their best performance.
- Give feedback to employees.
- Praise, celebrate and encourage success.
- Motivate de-motivated employees.
- Formulate action plans.
- Employ continuous appraisal techniques.
- Monitor and measure performance against agreed goals.
- Hold appraisal and review meetings.
- Identify reasons for staff underperformance.
- Set achievable goals and targets.
- Reduce staff turnover.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mind-set and attitude.
- Delegate work to individuals and teams.
- Recruit the right staff.
- Manage stress and create a more relaxed working environment.
- Apply what you have learnt to real life situations.
- Develop a proactive customer-focused approach.
- Establish a sense of direction for a company.
- Respond appropriately and professionally to key situations.
- Identify a employees greatest strengths.
More management courses
Business management courses
Business management degree (full time)
Leadership training courses
Management training courses
Supervisor training courses
Time Management training courses
Management CV examples
Graduate management consultant CV sample
Management consultant CV template
Management CV template
Management accountant CV template
Managing director CV sample
Project manager CV sample
Links to more short courses
Accounting short courses London
Evening classes London
Evening photography courses London
Part time MBA London
Part time degree courses
Short business courses London
Short finance courses London
Weekend courses London
Introduction to graduate fasttrack schemes
Student loan company
UCAS personal statement
University interview questions
Student CV examples
Student CV templates (over 30 free professional written examples)