120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
A dependable and collaborative team player with a proven ability to write colorful, persuasive copy. Having impeccable grammar, strong editing skills and a long track record of writing technical, promotional, and advertising articles that make readers stop and think.
Presently looking for a writing position with an employer that offers a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities and competitive earnings.
FREE LANCE WRITER – May 2008 – Present
Commissioned by publishers or agents to write articles for their publication. Also responsible for developing content for a range of communications channels, including intranet, email, newsletters, blogs, video scripts, and podcasts. As well as being responsible for all other duties as assigned by editors and senior management.
- Writing articles for websites, newspapers and magazines.
- Researching factual information.
- Completing assignments for a complete story, play, or book.
- Performing quality assurance testing on written articles.
- Modifying copy until clients and editors are satisfied.
- Occasionally interviewing people face to face or over the phone.
- Ensuring legal and regulatory accuracy and compliance, by liaising with relevant and appropriate legal departments.
- Making sure that any written content is truthful and complies with advertising codes of practice.
- Creating work schedules.
- Writing assignments for electronic media.
- Contributing articles to social media outlets.
- Contacting sources for information or possible stories.
- Writing up presentations.
- Adhering to editorial style guidelines.
- Reporting findings in an accurate manner.
- Producing and editing a wide range of clear and effective sales collateral.
- Having strategy meetings with editors.
- Attending press events.
- Actively interrogate databases / charts / reports for relevant facts.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Can write both fiction and factual articles.
- Having extensive literary skills to develop interesting themes and storylines.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent word-processing skills.
- Can appropriately obtain and utilize reference material.
- Rewriting and revising work.
- Meeting and negotiating with publishers and agents about literary work and their requirements.
- Skill in writing for websites and blogs.
- Liaising with printers, artists and designers to confirm page, picture or illustration should look.
- Experienced technical author.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of corporate communication.
- Can write information materials for both internal or external use by national or and international corporations.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Hard working with a mature outlook.
- Can work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently.
- Can adapt writing style to meet the needs of clients.
- Ability to both follow direction and take responsibility for assigned tasks.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Sales promotional material
Proficiency in MS Office
Evesham University 2005 – 2008
Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Other useful links: