On this page you will find a link to a professionally designed template that can be used to create an interview winning CV or resume.
Link to an Actuary resume:
Get this Actuary resume template AND over 1000 + Premium CV templates.
All for ONLY $4 a month.
With all our Premium templates you will get the fully editable MS Word;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have a professional CV.
Unlimited downloads – Money back guarantee – Cancel anytime.
Another Actuary resume
The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A highly motivated and financially creative individual who has extensive actuarial experience and knowledge. Karen is someone who has hands on experience of working in the following sectors; life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and asset management. She is project-oriented, client-focused and always makes decisions and sets strategy based on a long-term vision. As someone who is hands-on and leads by example, she is most comfortable in a team-oriented environment. Right now she is looking to work for a company where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and individuals.
ACTUARY – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for advising on financial risks and using statistical techniques and mathematical skills to assess the probability of an event and its financial consequences.
- Advising managers on appropriate statistical/actuarial practices and application.
- Offering advice on issues such as acquisitions, mergers and financing capital projects.
- Analyzing actuarial calculations.
- Responding to and resolving customer service requests.
- Advising on the marketing and development of financial products.
- Implementing new financial reporting systems.
- Managing a small team of actuaries.
- Analysing financial events.
- Managing actuarial client relationships.
- Planning for future financial risks.
- Participating in high-level client meetings and new business presentations.
- Upgrading systems to support valuation and forecasting of new products.
- Designing and advising on company pension schemes.
TRAINEE ACTUARY – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Using complex actuarial techniques to develop and construct actuarial probability tables.
- Applying mathematical, economic and statistical awareness to real life situations.
- Possessing a deep understanding of economics and of the legislation relating to financial services.
- Knowledge of actuarial methods, processes, and procedures.
- Ability to explain analysis to actuaries and non-actuaries.
- Knowledge of pricing, statistical, and reserve systems.
- Translating strategies into actions.
- Presenting results and conclusions to senior management.
- Familiarity with Excel and Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical, managerial and business skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Financial Risk Management
Central Birmingham University – Teaching Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Actuarial science degree