The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A manually dexterous, capable and team orientated individual who is an expert in automotive repair and maintenance. Maxine has extensive experience of using diagnostic equipment and personal hand tools to perform her duties and responsibilities in a safe manner. She is someone who can quickly build up a rapport with car owners and is committed to achieving a high level of customer service. Her key strengths are; using computer software for vehicle repairs and repairing a vehicles engine, transmission, electrical, steering and suspension systems. Right now she would like to join a winning team with a company that offers its staff the opportunities, resources, and support needed to grow and develop professionally.
AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for repairing of a wide variety of light as well as heavy general and off-road motorized vehicles.
- Carrying out all assigned work in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
- Completing vehicle repairs and installations.
- Identifying mechanical problems.
- Estimating the cost of repairs.
- Overseeing the work of apprenticeship and trainee mechanics.
- Diagnosing the cause of any mechanical malfunctions.
- Ensuring that a customer’s car is returned to them clean.
- Keeping the garage and equipment in good working condition.
- Providing customers with accurate labor and time estimates.
- Recording the findings of any tests.
- Carrying out preventive maintenance services and repairs as necessary.
- Order car parts and then stock them.
- Clearly explaining mechanical problems and procedures to customers.
- Shuttling vehicles around and test driving them.
- Writing up and completing all necessary paperwork and reports.
- Overhauling, tuning and adjusting engines using specialized equipment.
TRAINEE MECHANIC – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Interpreting a manufacturer’s repair manual.
- Ability to perform minor electrical repairs.
- Able to properly use the tools and instruments of the trade.
- Exercising a degree of independent judgement in determining methods of repair.
- Operating pneumatic tools.
- Body repair and paint work.
- Reporting to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Willing to work varying shifts, including late nights and weekends.
- Possessing a complete set of hand tools.
- Having a professional demeanour and performance at all times.
- Superb manual dexterity.
- Physically fit and able to lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment.
- Possessing own compliment of personal hand tools.
- Willing to work additional hours and overtime.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with associates.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Mechanics Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Resume template examples