Database Administrators (also know as DBAs), play an important and responsible role in any IT department. DBA’s install, configure, design, and troubleshoot database systems. They are in charge of the storage, retrieval and security of all the electronic data that is vital to a company’s success, as well as involved in the implementation, security, support and maintenance of computerized databases. On top of this they are also responsible for the performance, architecting, building and scaling of databases for future data growth and capacity.
Database Administrator training course overview
These comprehensive courses cover all administrator duties and will give you a superb introduction to the planning, documentation and management of databases. Curriculums are based on providing you with all the knowledge and skills needed to become a Database Professional. Courses incorporate proven learning processes such as presentation, demonstration, guidance and independent practice. Students will use the latest computer training technologies available to help you gain a broad understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and its overall SQL Server Data Platforms. Accelerated learning techniques focus on exposing delegates to at least one database technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or MS SQL Server.
Teaching is done through a combination of intensive group or one-on-one instruction, hands-on labs, question and answer sessions and Independent study. Delegates will be guided through key areas such as facilitating the sharing of information, using the latest tools and understanding operating systems. Tests and exams are built into the end of each module you take, this allows you to check your level of understanding as you go along.
You will not only leave with the most in-demand skills sought after by employers, but also take with you an industry recognised IT certification that will demonstrate your competence to employers, peers and customers.
Typical subjects taught on a Database Administrator course
- Back up and Recovery Techniques
- Changing Passwords
- Controlling the Database
- Core Database Administrator Tasks
- Creating New Users
- Data Handling Systems
- Database Architecture
- Database Auditing
- Database Essentials
- Database Files
- Database Maintenance
- Database Mirroring
- Database Objects
- Database Statistics
- Deleting User Accounts
- GUI Tools
- Limiting User Resources
- Locking Conflicts
- Maintaining Databases
- Modifying Tables
- Performance Tuning
- Relational Database Concepts
- Security Issues
- Server Configuration
- Storage Structures
- User Account Management
- Users and Passwords
You will learn how to
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain databases.
- Manage user accounts.
- Backup and recover databases.
- Perform crash recovery.
- Run multiple servers on the same machine.
- Produce database builds and analysis.
- Ensure database services are maintained by providing professional support.
- Minimise service interruptions by quickly responding to database incidents.
- Diagnose the cause of database failures.
- Design and deploy a Database Infrastructure.
- Update and amend existing databases.
- Create complex query definitions that allow data to be extracted.
- Show others how to input and extract data.
- Be responsible for the performance and availability of data to users and customers.
- Create and administer physical and logical file structures.
You will learn about
- All the duties of a Database Administrator.
- How databases work.
- Restoring system databases.
- Working with SQL Servers.
- The installation and operation of applications.
- How database components work and interact with one another.
- The different types of database backups.
- Testing new databases.
- Sustaining the security and integrity of data.
- Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Understanding SQL Server components.
- Performing successful SQL Server installations.
This course will set you on the path to becoming a expert DBA by helping you to gain a premier qualification that is very highly sought by employers.
Who is a Database Administrator training course suitable for?
These courses are ideal for anyone who wants to learn how to administer database servers.
Database administrator CV sample
Job letter of enquiry for a database administrator