Economist CV template
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
A hardworking, resourceful and ambitious economist with extensive understanding of economic theory and its practical implications. Experience of undertaking analytic work and research projects with minimal supervision, whilst working in a team environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines. Having a active commitment to continuous improving quality standards when performing statistical analysis of industry and economic data. Possessing a ability to ability to communicate complex and sensitive information in an understandable form to colleagues and clients.
Would like to work for a successful organisation that rewards achievement and offers great opportunities for career development.
ECONOMIST – May 2008 – Present
Responsible for collecting and studying data, statistics and large amounts of information and then drawing conclusions from it. Also involved in interpreting relevant global and national economic releases and events, and from this information developing and maintaining near-term forecasts.
- Providing analysis and advice on risk-measurement issues to company policy makers.
- Preparing reports for senior managers, diverse high level audiences and also clients.
- Highlighting factors that may affect the companies ability to meet it’s financial obligations.
- Preparing financial charts and tables for analysis and presentations.
- Analysing proposed projects and their impact on areas like job creation or economic activity.
- Examining past economic data.
- Performing economic capital analysis, and other financial analysis when required.
- Modelling and forecasting of domestic and international economic indicators.
- Highlighting to senior managers the implications of financial projects and strategies.
- Identifying serious financial imbalances.
- Responding to specific requests from the Chief Economist, for instance.
- Contributing to the preparation of periodic analyses and reports.
- Manipulation of data in Excel.
- Training, and mentoring Economics interns and junior staff.
- Able to identify emerging economic trends and issues.
- Effectively understanding economic relationships.
- Knowledge of interest rates, taxation and employment levels.
- Can clearly explain financial information and recommendations to non financial individuals.
- Extensive knowledge of economic theory and intuition.
- Comprehensive understanding of international economics, especially emerging markets.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive, market driven environment.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Proficiency in Excel and graphing software.
- Always client focused.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to make linkages and to use common sense in solving problems and making decisions.
- Capable of working with large datasets using SAS and SQL.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Very good internal and external relationship building skills.
- Ability to operate effectively with a high level of autonomy.
- Non consensus thinking skills.
- Dedicated to financial integrity and cost-effectiveness.
- Inspired and innovative.
- Empowering others and respecting differences.
- Ability to show flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with challenging situation.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Willingness to take initiative.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Attention to detail
Strong mathematical skills
International monetary economics
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (A) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
More financial CV template examples:
Accounts assistant CV template
Accountant CV template
Assistant accountant CV template
Auditor CV template
Bank cashier CV template
Bookkeeper CV template
Credit controller CV template
CV template of a student looking for a financial sector job
Chartered Accountant CV template
Financial Advisor CV template
Financial analyst CV template
Financial controller CV template
Finance director CV template
Graduate Stockbroker CV template
Insurance_broker CV template
Investment analyst CV template
Management accountant CV template
Mortgage Advisor CV template
Payroll CV template