On this page you will find a bank of professionally developed Head Chef resume templates. These examples will give you an idea of how to create eye catching documents that will increase you chances of getting invited to those all important interviews.
Head Chefs oversee the management of the kitchen and food preparation area. However there is more to this job than just cooking food, they are also responsible for many other duties, including providing visibility at the tables of guests and answering any queries they may have.
When putting together your resume its important to show that you not only have the hands on experience, but also the temperament and qualifications required for the job. Below are some tips on what top include in your resume;
In your resume show that you can
- Order the right food stock and right quantity.
- Enforce and maintain high standards of hygiene.
- Supervise the cooking of food.
- Multi-task and manage several different tasks at the same time.
- Cook food from scratch.
- Gain and maintain the respect of junior staff.
- Check food deliveries when they arrive to make sure they are up to scratch.
- Accurately document revenue and expenditure.
- Update staff timesheets and payroll documents.
Demonstrate that you have
- A good understanding of recipes and food cooking methods.
- Superb organisational skills.
Show knowledge of
- Determining portions
- Menu planning
- Monitoring kitchen staff
- Training employees.
- Manage food inventories.
Show that you are
- Passionate about food.
- Good at communicating with work colleagues and can build a rapport quickly.