120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A committed, inspirational and motivated teacher who has the drive and ambition to hit the ground running. Possessing a track record of getting the best out of pupils by giving appropriate feedback, encouragement and assistance to pupils. Having a track record of promoting effective learning by setting pupils clear tasks, goals, and requirements and then informing them of progress is made.
Rachel is currently looking for a suitable opportunity within in a leading school where she can develop both personally and professionally.
Inner City School
HISTORY TEACHER – May 2008 – Present
Working as part of a dedicated team of friendly and supportive teachers. The school is a large mixed comprehensive with over 1250 Students on Roll. School pupils are aged between 11 to 18.
- Teaching History classes to a wide range of age and ability groups (KS3 & KS4).
- Planning lessons and classes in detail.
- Teaching English history and about historical events in the past.
- Organising activities that include computers, group interaction and hands on projects.
- Applying effective measures in the case of pupil misbehavior.
- Attending departmental meetings with other teaching colleagues.
- Preparing and delivering lessons to a high standard.
- Getting students o write about important cultural events from the past.
- Using innovative teaching methods to reach students.
- Maintaining a accurate records of each pupils attendance.
- Communicating and relaying ideas and information clearly to a class of pupils.
- Being a good role model to students through professional conduct and personal presentation.
- Covering classes for absent teaching colleagues.
- Involved in school extra-curricular activities.
- Abiding by all Health and Safety regulations.
- Marking assignments, coursework and homework.
- Planning field trips to historical sites.
- Attending parents evenings.
- Keeping classes interesting.
- Ability to teach History up to GCSE and A level.
- Registered with the GTCW.
- Have strong classroom management skills.
- Possess a enhanced CRB.
- Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of UK History.
- Possessing a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study.
- I.T competent – Microsoft office 2007.
- Excellent knowledge of subject matter.
- Able to monitor a students progress.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm in the classroom by creating a stimulating learning environment.
- Keen to progress and eager to learn.
- Having a friendly and approachable personality.
- Encouraging pupils to do better so they can achieve their potential.
- Able to inspire pupils.
- Can make a personal connection individually with pupils.
- Possessing a good sense of humour.
- Resourceful and positive when solving problems.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
English contemporary history
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Teaching & Administration
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Teacher CV examples:
English teacher CV template
Head teacher CV template
Lecturer CV template
Maths teacher CV template
Music teacher CV template
Physics teacher CV template
Primary teacher CV template
Teacher CV template
Teaching assistant CV template
Teaching CV template
History degree courses