Get the 1 + 2 page versions and matching cover letter
(Click images to view full sets)
Free Lecturer CV templates
Click image to download
Free Lecturer CV template 1
Free Lecturer CV template 2
Free Lecturer CV template 3
Free Lecturer CV template 4
Another Lecturer CV example
Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
E: brian.j@made up email.com
A committed senior lecturer with over 10 years of experience at leading UK academic institutions teaching students from various social and cultural backgrounds,. Possessing excellent administrative, verbal communication and written skills along with constructive and effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment. Able to work in a managerial role or as part of team and having the proven ability to successfully work to tight schedules and deadlines. Currently looking for suitable academic opportunities in universities or colleges of further education.
SENIOR LECTURER – University name
May 2008 present
Responsible for carrying out teaching and research duties. Involved in the administration of degree and postgraduate courses as well as responsible for organizing lectures and supervising seminars and tutorials.
- Involved in the research and designing of new courses and materials.
- Assessing students course work and material.
- Involved in the set up of exams and the marking of results.
- Responsible for the departmental administrative tasks.
- Providing mentoring, advice and support to students on a personal level.
- Implementing University research projects and involved in its publication.
- Carrying out staff appraisals.
- Prepared monthly reports for senior managers.
- Actively leading class discussions and encouraging debate.
LECTURER – College name
June 2006 – May 2008
Delivering lectures to groups of students and using advanced teaching techniques to inspire and motivate them for higher level qualifications and then employment. Also involved in recruiting and interviewing potential new staff. Responsible for organizing open evenings and giving demonstrations to students and parents on the colleges commitment to high quality education and training.
- Organized, implemented and monitored programmes and assessments.
- Was responsible for preparing learning material for courses and devising relevant practical activities.
- Involved in course team activities and curriculum development for students.
- Participated in the interviewing of potential students.
- Experience of applying for external grants.
- Being aware of curriculum developments and industry developments.
- Ability to maintain high standards of achievement, behavior, discipline and punctuality amongst students.
- Experience of recruitment of staff including interviewing and induction.
- Knowledge of health and safety issues.
- Aware of all current Equality and Diversity legislation.
- Managing students by providing guidance and feedback to help them strengthen their skills and knowledge base.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure targets are met and plans completed efficiently.
- Involved in devising future plans to remain student focused.
- Able to contribute to the intellectual life and debate of an academic organization by conducting research which will enhance its reputation as a research-led teaching institution.
- Willing to take responsibility for the quality of teaching delivered and to make necessary changes to improve quality and maintain standards.
- Able to organize conferences and establish contacts with the wider academic community.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Lecturer Clifford University 2004 – 2006
Teacher Downheath College 2003 – 2004
Manchester University Degree 2000 – 2004
Salford College Diploma 1998 – 2000
Available on request.
Maths teacher CV template