Microsoft Excel is the World’s most popular spreadsheet software.
What is Microsoft Excel
It’s an excellent electronic spreadsheet program that allows you to store, organize and manipulate data. With it you can put together tables that will automatically calculate the totals of any numerical values you input into it. You can also use it to print out tables in neat layouts, create simple graphs, filter data to find specific information, and use it to identify data trends. The basic layout of Excel is a grid of cells arranged in numbered rows and letter-named columns, all of which are used to hold numbers, text or formulas. It also has a macro programming language called Visual Basic for applications. It is very popular because of its ease of use and the wealth of table layout features it holds. Typically it comes as part of a Microsoft Office bundle, which means it is fully compatible with other MS applications.
Microsoft Excel training overview
This course breaks down into bite-sized pieces and teaches in plain English a subject that can be complex and confusing to learn. Unless they are told otherwise, teachers assume that a student has no prior knowledge of Excel, and therefore teach them everything from the basics right up to more advanced topics. Delegates will learn new ways of using Excel and will discover how to make their day to day work more efficient and productive.
This course will give delegates the skills needed to use the Microsoft Excel application to its fullest potential. Programs are structured so that if students wish they can achieve Microsoft Office Specialist Certification on top of any other qualification that they may gain. You will leave with bags of information, a valuable qualification as well as useful tips and tricks. All of which combined will help you function better in your work role, and make you feel much more confident in using Excel.
Classes are taught in a relaxed environment that is designed to make people feel at ease when they are unsure. Lessons are delivered by friendly, patient teachers who are experts in their respective fields. They will use targeted modules to focus on a students specific needs and to also ensure that learning is as near effortless as possible. Everything is taught using the Official Microsoft Curriculum and workshops are led by teachers who are themselves Microsoft Certified Trainers.
Instructors encourage experimentation, the asking of questions and working on other MS Office applications. Combined, all of this helps to ensure high quality in-depth training. Under expert guidance students will learn about; graphs and charts, Date, Time and Text functions, entering data in cells, doing basic math, formatting worksheets, setting up pages for printing and applying basic mathematical formulas.
Syllabuses focus on core competencies such as building complex and efficient worksheets where any data entered can then be made to produce sums, averages and minimum or maximum ranges. Basic level courses will teach beginners how to use the core functionality of Microsoft Excel, whereas advanced Excel training courses will show existing experienced users how to unlocking the full power of the Microsoft Excel Application.
Typical subjects taught on a Microsoft Excel training course
- Absolute Referencing
- Consolidating Data
- Creating Headers and Footers
- Data Manipulation Tools
- Date Manipulation
- Debugging Code
- Excel 2010 Formulas
- Excel Charts
- Formatting Graphical Objects
- Formulas and Functions
- Goal Seek – What If Analysis
- Merging Workbooks
- Page Layout
- Password Protection
- Presenting Data Using Charts
- Print Preparation
- Restrict Document Access
- Spreadsheet Terminology
- Streamlining Workflow
- Structure Workbooks
- Table Relationships
- Trace Cells
- Understanding Objects
- User Defined Functions
- Using Excel with the Web
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Working with Data
- Worksheet Basics
- Worksheet Formatting
You will learn how to
- Create charts to make your information visually appealing.
- Analyse company and personal data using tables and charts.
- Automate common Excel tasks.
- Use PivotTables and PivotCharts to analyse data.
- Integrate Excel data with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Create highly Interactive Spreadsheets that update as and when you add information.
- Audit and analyze worksheet data.
- Incorporate multiple data sources.
- Import and export data onto worksheets.
- Organize table data.
- Present data as charts.
- Enhance the look and appeal of workbooks by adding graphical objects.
- Use time saving features such as AutoSum and AutoFill.
- Work with Excel’s list and database features.
- Change the appearance of data.
- Save a workbook.
- Fill cells with a series of data.
- Insert and delete rows and columns.
- Find and replace numbers.
- Working with Multiple Worksheets.
- Split a worksheet.
- Freeze and unfreeze rows and columns.
- Set page margins.
You will learn about
- Preparing professional documents for publication.
- Using advanced formulas.
- How Excel can be customised and automated using VBA.
- Sorting and filtering lists.
- Using Expressions, Variables, and Intrinsic Functions.