This is one of the most sought after and prestigious degrees in the business world. It is designed to give students the ability to make crucial contributions where it matters most in a business, the bottom line. A course will enable you to develop skills so that you can think and act strategically and exert influence in the workplace, thereby enabling you to succeed in the business world. Very similar to a MBA, it is ideal for those with a passion for business and an aptitude for management. Courses are suitable for students of all abilities, and ideal for people who are not yet certain which business area they want to specialise in.
Students will engage in the specialist study of key areas such as the basic operations of running a business, and the effective administration which is essential to the successful running of a business. They will gain a systematic understanding of the management-related problems, and conceptual tools needed for analyzing and evaluating managerial issues. Students will develop a strategic understanding beyond their functional speciality, and cultivate new ways of thinking, as well as learning about the historical, political, cultural and institutional forces shaping the modern business world.
Programmes enable students, whatever their present level of experience or knowledge, to develop the strategic, functional and personal skills they need to meet the increasingly demanding roles of the commercial world. It provides them with a wide-ranging understanding of business techniques and their application in the real world. They will be exposed to a world of management theory and encouraged to develop their personal and professional skills by applying them to key business scenarios.
Online Business Administration course overview
Typically courses have a core set of modules and then optional ones that allow students to focus their study in areas that interest them, giving the opportunity to either specialise or generalise. Study will be based on real business practice and not just the theory, thereby preparing students quickly for a variety of business-related roles.
Comprehensive study support is offered through online materials, this online learning environment will allow students to communicate with tutors and fellow students, take part in seminars and undertake tasks.
Students will learn about
- Business Administration
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- Knowledge Management
- Information Systems
- Book Keeping
- International Business
- Credit Control
- Global Business
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Business Law
- Market Research
- Consumer Behaviour
- Supply Chain Management
- Consulting in Organisations
- Research & Development
- General problem-solving
Students will learn how to
- Manage change processes to increase the effectiveness of an organisation.
- Implement major decisions.
- Plan in advance on what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and who should do it.
- Sharpen their communication skills.
- Establish new business ventures.
- Maintain growth and stability in a business.
- Handle the day to day tasks in a business.
- Organise people and resources.
- Research independently.
- Operate successfully in a international business environment.
The advantages of a Business Administration course
- Upon successful completion it will increase a student’s employability across a range of sectors.
- It is an ideal way to make important contacts within the commercial world.
- Students will gain a great deal of knowledge about finance, business and investment opportunities, this valuable information can be used in home economics and a individuals personal affairs.
Main online degree page
Online degree courses
Business Administration courses
Introduction to graduate fasttrack schemes
Student loan company
UCAS personal statement
University interview questions
Student CV examples
Student CV templates (over 30 free professional written examples)
More personal statements
Personal statement examples
More degree courses