The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An energetic, driven and capable Operations Manager who has many years of progressive experience in overseeing and directing the working of a plant and retail businesses. Maxine uses her diverse talents and skills to contribute towards achieving a company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims. She has extensive experience of long term planning, performance improvement, staff development and promoting and maximizing her employer’s culture, sales and profitability. At present she works in a high-energy environment where targets have to be met by aggressive deadlines. Right now she keen to work for a company where there will be new and exciting tasks to do each day and where hard work and commitment is rewarded.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for managing cross-functional project teams and organising them in such a way that they pull together to achieve set goals.
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies.
- Preparing budgets and inventories.
- Supporting company staff in their professional development and growth.
- Training others on mechanical tasks.
- Continually reviewing performance data and then drawing conclusions.
- Communicating effectively with all the relevant people in the company and outside of it.
- Participating in the interviewing and hiring of staff.
- Delegating work to specific members of staff and then ensuring that the work is done properly.
- Providing tactical direction and leadership to staff.
- Regularly reviewing manufacturing operations to ensure the correct quality standards.
- Facilitating operational stability.
- Maintaining office equipment.
- Writing up comprehensive and conclusive reports for senior managers.
- Developing long term strategic plans for the company.
- Managing customer orders.
- Exploring new market opportunities.
- Writing up annual financial and operating plans.
- Ensuring that production output and on time delivery targets are consistently achieved.
- Organising and conducting regular staff meetings.
TRAINEE MANAGER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to shift priorities to adjust to changing business demands.
- Competent in Basic Microsoft Office programs.
- Monitor competitor activities and gathering market intelligence.
- Ability to interpret and assess future business needs.
- Always trying to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Willing to travel as necessary.
- Can communicate well in person, over the phone and via email.
- Willing to work extra hours to get a job done.
- Very organised and detail orientated.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Monitoring staff performance
Central Birmingham University – MBA Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.