The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
An alert and observant Security Guard who has the ability to ensure that all security matters are well managed and maintained. Maxine has the natural instincts and insight needed to find the best solution to unclear security situations, issues and problems. She can accurately interpret regulations and has the exact combination of knowledge, skills and abilities that many employers are looking for. During a successful career she has provided highly visible deterrence to lawbreakers and made sure that everyone observes all applicable rules. Her key skills lie in her ability to carry out special assignments, with minimal supervision and her insistence that all security procedures and protocols are properly followed. She also has the personal fortitude and integrity needed to take appropriate actions when security deficiencies are identified. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company where she will have an opportunity to thrive and develop her career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work.
SECURITY GUARD – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for maintaining building security by providing an on-site presence, completing routine patrols and carrying out inside and outside security checks.
- Patrolling assigned areas to ensure the protection of visitors, property and equipment.
- Carrying out perimeter checks.
- Assessing the security needs of an emergency situation and then acting accordingly.
- Enforcing rules and regulations.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all security related matters.
- Calmly directing people who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
- Reporting any suspicious activity to the police.
- Checking alarms, locks and fences.
- Restrain people who are causing a disturbance.
- Verifying identification to insure only authorized persons are permitted on the premises.
- Answering queries from members of the public.
- Protecting property from theft, vandalism, or accidental damage.
- Checking fire-fighting equipment on a regular basis.
- Working with confidential information.
- Monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Watching out for criminal acts or rule infractions.
- Answering the switchboard after hours.
- Car park barrier control.
- Assisting visitors with their baggage.
- Registering the details of all visitors.
TRAINEE – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively.
- Guarding buildings and property.
- Have a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Meeting, screening and logging all visitors.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Can work well in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Friendly and professional demeanour.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in various units of measure.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – MBA Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Security Officer resume example
Security Officer resume template
General CV examples
Security Guard training courses