Put your knowledge to the test by taking our expertly designed and free online quiz. These questions are very similar to the ones you are likely to be asked in a real-life test. Each of the below questions has four multiple choice answers that you can choose from.
Assessments like these are an excellent way for you to find out if you are ready to enrol on and take certified courses or tests.
Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
GET A CERTIFICATE – FREE
Free Security Officer CV templates
Click image to download
Free Security Officer CV 1
Free Security Officer CV 2
Free Security Officer CV 3
Free Security Officer CV 4
Another Security Officer CV template
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0044 121 638 0026
An energetic, hardworking security officer who has a proven track record of safeguarding a clients property and assets against acts of theft, fire, flood and vandalism. Able uphold good order on sites whilst working within a companies procedural guidelines and also ensuring a high quality of service is consistently maintained with optimum efficiency. Currently looking for an appropriate opportunity with a reputable employer who rewards hard work and appreciates ability and loyalty.
SECURITY OFFICER – May 2008 – Present
Responsible for being the main point of contact in the event of any emergency or security incidents that occur on site. Working as part of a team via a day and night shift combination.
- Pro-actively ensuring the protection of merchandise, property and assets.
- Creating a safe and comfortable working environment for employees and visitors.
- Patrolling the shopping area for periods of time.
- Directing emergency vehicles and other traffic if a major incident occurs.
- Responding to emergency situations as they arise.
- Accurately reporting all incidents to senior managers.
- Preventing and detecting offences on site.
- Conducting searches of personnel, vehicles and bags etc.
- Producing written reports.
- Arranging the escort of large amounts of money around the site.
- Monitoring and operating CCTV cameras and other recording systems.
- Undertaking investigations into reports of offences.
- Provide escort duties for staff at night.
- Using the correct radio voice procedure.
- Escorting individuals off the premises.
- Liaising with the emergency services, police, ambulance and fire service to resolve issues and maintain security and service.
- Checking and validating business visitor credentials.
- Controlling the entry and exit of vehicles.
- Making sure that no unauthorised personnel enter restricted areas.
- Answering queries from visitors to the shopping centre.
- Occasionally operating the switchboard.
- Issuing warnings to owners of illegally parked vehicles.
- Collecting statements and evidence in reported allegations.
- Accurately updating administrative records and sheets.
- Escalating incidents when required to.
- Carrying out inspections of stores and the car park.
- Good observation skills.
- Fully aware of arrest and restraint techniques.
- Aware of health and safety issues.
- Dealing with people politely but in a authoritative manner.
- Possessing a checkable history.
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office and also visitor management systems.
- Capability to monitor information feeds simultaneously from multiple sources.
- Having a professional approach to all routine tasks.
- Have a SIA Door Supervisor & Front Line License.
- Experience of monitoring and controlling security equipment.
- Focused on the delivery of customer service.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Experience of working on major events.
- Smart, well groomed and confident.
- Having a professional attitude.
- Possessing a friendly, approachable personality.
- Smart and presentable appearance.
- Have a full 5 year checkable history.
- Willing to work shifts, morning, nights etc.
- Can pass a personal identity and credit check.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Lift Release Training
First Aid Certificate
Evesham North College 2005 – 2008
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Security Officer cover letter examples
Security Officer cover letter 1
Security Officer cover letter 2
Security Officer cover letter 3
Security Officer cover letter example 4
Security Officer cover letter example 5
Security Officer cover letter example 6
Related security CV and career links:
How to become a police officer
Police officer cover letter example
Police officer CV template
Prison officer CV template
Security Guard training courses
Security Management courses