SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation, and its application should be a fundamental part of any digital marketer’s arsenal. It applies to both small as well as large companies, and is primarily aimed at getting websites to come higher up search results on the major search engines. A successful campaign can help to drive more traffic and business to a website, which can ultimately lead to more company profits.
These courses will show you how to create successful SEO campaigns that will compliment any other marketing activity you are undertaking. You will learn about best practice implementation, and how to launch new SEO campaigns or better run existing ones. They are ideal for anyone who wants to build a successful online business, or increase their knowledge of how online marketing works.
Courses attract students from a wide variety of backgrounds, with most of them coming from fields such as web development, marketing, IT and design.
SEO training course overview
Classes are interesting, lively and will cover all the key topics in the right amount of detail. They are interactive, practical and packed with useful tips that will give students a deep insight into SEO techniques and practices. Any information given in a lesson will always be backed-up with statistics.
You will be taught by qualified trainers who have website authority, and who will give easy to understand lessons. Students will get a step by step guide on how to integrate their website with an effective SEO campaign and at the same time increase their ranking and online presence.
There are different levels of courses. From starter courses which are for beginners and will give them the basics that they need to know, right through to more advanced ones for techies who know their stuff. Whichever course you sign up for, you will leave with the confidence and ability to be able to implement effective SEO techniques on your own website, and thereby ensure that is ready for longevity in a every changing online environment.
Typical subjects taught on a SEO training course
- Anchor Texts
- Black Hat SEO
- Boolean Search
- Competitor benchmarking
- Content marketing
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Contextual advertising
- Domain names
- Entry pages
- External Links
- How search engines work
- Internet marketing
- IP address
- Keywords (learn why they are important and how to pick the best ones)
- Link building (including reciprocal links, deep links, dead links and broken links)
- Long Tail searches
- No-follow commands
- Online marketing
- Page rank
- Paid Search Campaigns
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Re-launching websites
- Search history
- SEO campaigns
- Search Engine Results Page (SERPS)
- Sitemaps HTML and XML
- Social Media Marketing
- Submitting websites to search engines
- Vertical search
- Website architecture
- Website monetisation
- White Hat SEO
You will learn how to
- Make content more search engine friendly.
- Drive more traffic to your site.
- Research and find suitable keywords.
- Study what your competitors are doing with their websites.
- Develop, launch and maintain a search engine friendly website.
- Building links from related websites.
- Avoid common SEO mistakes.
- Come up high in keyword searches.
- Avoid search engine penalisation.
- Track the SEO performance of a website.
- Avoid duplicate content.
- Make your site more visible to search engines.
- Design websites so they are search engine friendly from inception.
- Identify issues that are holding your website back.
- Avoid getting hit with a Google penalty.
- Avoid getting your site blacklisted by search engines.
- Customise content so that it is focused on your target audience.
- Develop interesting and easy to navigate web pages that not only keep visitors on your site, but also have them coming back for more.
You will learn about
- The latest Google updates.
- How search engines crawl websites.
- Creating webmaster sitemaps.
- The difference between keeping your SEO in-house and outsourcing it.
- How a domain name can affect your search listings.
- On page and off page optimisation techniques.
Questions to ask a SEO training provider
- Do they have any testimonials from satisfied students?
- Is all of the training material i.e. books and software provided for in the fee, or do you have to purchase them separate.
- Does the price include any exams or tests that you have to sit.
- Does the price include any certificate of completion.
- Is any free support provided once you have successfully completed the course?
- The total cost of the course.
- When do you have to pay the fee, up front or half no and half later?
- When will you get your certificate.
- How long has your company been running SEO courses?
- What type of certificate will you get at the end, can you see an example of it, and is it accredited by any trade or recognized industry body?
- Where exactly will the course be held? (this question does not apply to online or distance learning courses).
- Will you have to take an examination to pass the course, if so how many exams will you have to sit.
- If you fail a test, then can you keep retaking it until you pass, if so is there an extra charge for every time you take a test?
- What is the average pass rate of students?
- Are there any grants available for this course, or discounts for students etc?
- How many people will there be in a class?
- What resources do you provide students?
- How do I register for a course?
How are training courses delivered?
The three main ways in which these courses are usually delivered are;
Class room setting
These tend to be held in a small training room or workshop, with usually no more than eight students. On completion students can leave with an attendance certificate, copies of the course materials and details of how to get post course online support (should they need it).
On site (at your place of work)
This is a one on one option which although is probably the most convenient, can also be the most expensive way of learning. One big benefit of this option is that you will be able to have your work colleagues sit in on classes with you, meaning that they will also learn alongside you.
Over the Internet
A popular method which allows you to study at a time and place of your choice. This can be the cheapest way of learning SEO. Other advantages include:
- Being able to repeatedly review your course material at times that suit you.
- No need to travel to classes.
- Start the course immediately.
- Can study at your own pace.
Disadvantage include not having face to face access to your tutors, having to learn on your own and not being able to physically meet your fellow students.
On a distance learning course you will receive all your training material online, and communicate with tutors and fellow students via email, webinars, online chat or message boards. You will still be able to join in discussions and ask questions, just like in a normal classroom setting.
Many tutors are industry experts who will know their stuff inside out. They will have a clear and patient approach to teaching, and will go out of their way to share their knowledge with their pupils.
Who is an SEO training course suitable for
- Complete novices, as well as experienced IT professionals.
- Anyone thinking of setting up an online business or website.
- Business people who want to increase the visibility of their existing website.
Advantages of becoming a SEO expert
- Become armed with all the information you need to start driving your website to the top of the major search engines.
- Will save you having to pay for the services of a professional consultant or SEO marketing company, both of which can be very expensive, and with no guarantee of any results.
- You will learn how to do everything yourself in house, and develop your own unique SEO strategy.
- It is a cheaper option, as it removes the middleman.
- Learn how to avoid making those all to common mistakes.