Good supervisors can help a company to effectively deliver its strategy, standards and expectations.
This course is an ideal foundation for obtaining a basic understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a supervisor or junior manager. It will teach you how to get the most out of people and gain the trust as well as respect of junior and senior staff alike.
You will discover how a supervisory role fits in with the management structure, and how to make the transition from a normal team member to an efficient and respected supervisor.
Supervisor training courses overview
These are highly interactive courses that are delivered through classroom discussions, case studies, group work and individual projects. They will give delegates a clear understanding of relevant health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as any legal responsibilities related to their work activities.
As accredited courses they have been developed through years of continual development, review and delegate feedback. As an all encompassing course it will ensure that supervisors can oversee any work being carried out and increase their effectiveness in any current role they are doing.
The subject is taught through classroom exercises, case studies and practical examples. Students will gain a comprehensive overview of the basic leadership styles and practical qualities essential to becoming a good leader and manager. You will be taught how to lead by example and perform your role so that it has a major impact on your team’s ability to reach set targets. There is a strong focus on how to get results through other people, and develop the necessary skills and knowledge to achieve results.
Upon completion students will receive a qualification that will show prospective employers that they are fully competent and have a firm understanding of how to perform supervisory duties over operatives.
Courses are delivered using a wide range of training and learning methods. Classes include interactive group discussions, case studies and hypothetical scenarios. All of these help to test what you have theoretically learnt. During classes students are given the opportunity to share their own experience and ideas with others. Even though this is a fast paced course, every module is taught at just the right pace via constantly evolving training concepts.
Classes are taught by fully qualified, high level, helpful tutors, many of whom have up-to-date practical experience of a supervisory role themselves. They have a progressive approach to training and can draw on a wealth of experience.
Typical subjects taught on a Supervisor course
- Building Teams
- Conflict Resolution
- Emergency Procedures
- Handling Grievances
- Identifying Problems
- Listening Skills
- Managing Activities
- Managerial Skills
- Managing Discipline
- Managing Resources
- Managing People
- Mentoring new staff
- Monitoring performance
- Prioritising Work
- Questioning Techniques
- Resolving requests
- Succession Planning
You will learn about
- Building and leading a team.
- Working on your own initiative.
- Giving constructive criticism.
- Monitoring staff performance.
- Managing time to meet set goals and objectives.
- Implementing solutions
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Conducting constructive team briefings.
- Promoting Health & safety in the workplace.
- Supporting senior managers in achieving targets.
- Continuous improvement processes.
- Developing existing teams.
- Completing paperwork.
- Creating a supporting working environment.
You will learn how to
- Plan and organize work.
- Give clear instructions.
- Orchestrate and control work that needs to be done.
- Meet the day to day challenges your team faces.
- Become a role model to your team.
- Deal with requests for time off.
- Comply with health and safety, legislative and audit requirements.
- Show authority and leadership.
- Ensure that all processes, systems and procedures are managed effectively.
- Make unpopular decisions.
- Deal with staff absences.
- Main high standards of quality.
- Manage team rotas to achieve optimum cover at all times.
- Report to senior managers.
Who is a Supervisor training course suitable for
This is a good course for newly-appointed supervisors, team leaders, first line managers as well as people who have, or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities. It is also ideal for anyone who is considering taking on or applying for a new position that requires supervision of others, as well as experienced supervisors who would just like to enrol on a refresher course.
Supervisor CV and resume examples
Call center Supervisor resume
Customer service Supervisor resume
Electrical Supervisor resume
Housekeeping Supervisor resume
Production Supervisor resume
Retail Supervisor CV
Sales Supervisor resume
Security Supervisor resume
Supervisor CV sample
Supervisor resume template