120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
Skilled advertising consultant with expertise in selling to key accounts and being able to thrive in a competitive cutthroat environment. Possessing a proven ability to provide value for money to clients and also promoting their business and communicating the message they want to send to their intended audience. A result driven, self-motivated and resourceful individual, seeking new responsibilities irrespective of reward and recognition. Looking for suitable advertising role with a media company that will challenge my problem solving skills and allow me to develop my knowledge & potential.
Print & Media Company
ADVERTISING CONSULTANT – May 2008 – Present
Working on projects and coordinating the efforts of the design and sales teams to get across the message of our clients to their target audience.
- Coordinating advertising campaigns and ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
- Identifying the target audience.
- Meeting with clients and understanding their needs, aims and objectives.
- Presenting solutions, propositions and ideas to clients.
- Managing campaign work of various clients.
- Working with the editorial and creative teams to come up with ways to best represent the client and also meet their budgets.
- Deciding on the message and tone of a advertising campaign and how it should be delivered.
- Liaising closely with advertising agencies.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Billing and invoicing clients.
- Writing post campaign reports for clients.
- Helping to design and write up advertising and promotional material.
- Proof reading copy.
- Selling advertising space on various publications and websites by cold calling and chasing up existing leads.
- Identifying potential new clients.
- Keeping client records up to date and accurate.
- Working closely with advertising agencies.
- Closing deals with clients.
- Advising clients on branding, product development and pricing strategy.
- Thinking up of headlines and designing logos.
- Reporting regularly to senior manager on progress or problems.
- Ensuring that publication dates are adhered to.
- Reminding advertisers and printers of deadlines.
- Encouraging clients to be consistent in their advertising.
- Evaluating media choices.
- Identifying business trends and opportunities.
- Understanding consumer psychology.
- Creating innovative adverts.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Up to date with all social, cultural and fashion trends.
- Knowledge of both local and national advertising across various types of media.
- Understanding of visual arts and photography.
- Knowledge of newspaper, television, internet and radio advertising.
- Fully conversant with all advertising laws and regulations.
- Experience of selling to agencies.
- Competitive attitude.
- Artistic ability.
- A excellent telephone manner.
- Confident and articulate.
- Communication skills.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Persuasive and diplomatic.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the advertising industry.
- A rigorous and logical thinker.
- Able to think around problems.
- Possessing a excellent memory for facts and figures.
- Highly motivated, flexible and proactive.
- Computer and IT literate.
- Attention to detail.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Media Studies
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.