120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0870 061 0121
M: 0777 000 0000
Enthusiastic professional with drive, determination and excellent team working skills. Comfortable working with legal assistants, solicitors and court officials as well as having the necessary communication skills that are required to communicate effectively with clients. Possessing considerable knowledge of all aspects of law and able to play a key role when representing clients and providing them with professional advice and guidance.
Right now searching for an acceptable and rewarding barrister position.
BARRISTER - May 2008 - Present
Working as part of a team on serious and complex cases in a busy chambers with other legal executives. Responsible for preparing legal arguments for court, drafting documents and negotiating settlements. Involved in representing both individual clients and commercial companies.
- Advising solicitors and clients on their options.
- Preparing legal documents and written pleadings for court cases.
- Reading reports, statements and researching all of the facts.
- Presenting relevant facts and summing up arguments to support a clients case at court, tribunals or at public enquiries.
- Monitoring and being in control of all phases of a court case.
- Cross examining witnesses.
- Interpreting the law in relation to disputes.
- Studying evidence and drawing conclusions.
- Meeting clients and solicitors to obtain more information.
- Collecting and then analysing information.
- Involved in researching relevant points of law.
- Negotiating on behalf of clients.
- Understand and interpreting complex arguments in a short space of time.
- Willing to work irregular hours, including weekends and nights.
- Knowledge of business, personal and criminal law.
- Experience of criminal, civil and commercial law.
- Applying legal theory to practice in court.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with unexpected situations.
- Can explain ideas and information clearly in writing.
- Methodical and patient approach to research.
- Able to provide opinions on a range of legal issues outside of court cases.
- Understanding of spreadsheets and information databases.
- Presenting cases clearly and with confidence.
- Can present a point of view convincingly.
- Flair for absorbing, understanding and analysing large amounts of information.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham University 2005 - 2008
BA (Hons) Law
Coventry North College 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
CV template examples
Cover letter examples
Lawyer CV template
Corporate Lawyer resume
Trainee solicitor CV sample
Corporate lawyer cover letter example
Related legal CV links:
Legal CV examples
Company secretary CV template
Legal assistant CV template
Legal secretary CV template
Paralegal CV template
Police officer CV template
Trainee Solicitor CV template
Legal cover letter example
Training and academic links
Criminology degree courses
Law degree courses
Part time law degree London
Copyright information - Please read
© This barrister CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd August 2010. Job seekers may download and use this CV example for their own personal use to help them create their own CVs. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our site. However these curriculum vitae's must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of this CV template please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.