On this page you will find a link to a professionally designed template that can be used to create an interview winning CV or resume.
Link to a Mental Health Counselor resume:
BUY THIS CV!
Get the editable MS Word version of this template for
You will get the;
- One page version.
- Two page version.
- Matching cover letter.
All you need to do is simply enter your personal details into the ready made text boxes and within minutes you will have an eye catching, interview winning and professional resume. The templates can be edited in any version of Microsoft Word.
Click on the link below to be taken to our secure PayPal payment page.
Once you have paid the templates will be automatically emailed to you.
This template can be used for your own personal use i.e. applying for jobs. You may edit, rewrite and send it out to job vacancies as many times as you like. However it must not be resold or used for any other commercial purposes.
Another Mental Health Counselor resume
The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A sensitive and compassionate counselor who has considerable experience of helping individuals who are struggling with mental health, behavioral and substance abuse issues. Karen has a track record of assisting patients recover from their illness and come to terms with it in order to lead a positive life. On a more personal level she possesses an outgoing attitude and a warm friendly demeanor, both traits that allow her to quickly connect with patients and fellow work colleagues. She is more than able to develop policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines that can be used by a mental health team in any correctional setting. On top of this, she has considerable knowledge of the theories, principles and techniques of individual therapy and group counselling. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with an organisation that offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and tremendous opportunities for career growth.
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for providing guidance, supervision, and direct support to individuals to help them maintain their mental health. Also accountable for creating a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment in which patients can be treated.
- Preparing diagnosis and assessments of mental and emotional disorders.
- Working with other staff in assessing and evaluating a patient’s mental state.
- Conducting individual, couple, and group counselling sessions.
- Assessing whether a patient represents a risk to themselves or others.
- Observing and recording a patient’s behaviour.
- Building relationships with patients to gain their trust.
- Working with patients’ families and carers.
- Providing supportive care to patients.
- Taking a patient’s vital signs and weight, and recording the results in patient charts.
- Assisting with the delivery of direct care.
- Liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals.
- Conducting admission assessment interviews with patients.
- Assisting patient’s in feeding, bathing, toileting, dressing, etc.
- Recognizing potential behavioural problems.
- Documenting information in medical records.
- Interacting with people who are under physical or emotional stress.
- Participating in putting together treatment plans.
- Encouraging patient responsibility in a social and recreational environment.
- Involved in the discharge and transfer of patients.
- Conducting psycho-educational groups.
- Visiting patients in their home to monitor their progress.
ASSISTANT COUNSELOR – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge and understanding of mental disorders.
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse clientele.
- Ability to participate in the physical management and restraint of patients.
- Report preparation and case documentation.
- Knowledge of codes and regulations governing mental health and substance abuse.
- Can work in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and work habits.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Social Work Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.
Mental Health Nurse CV