Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 00 44 121 638 0026
An experienced and fully qualified registered nurse with over 5 years of experience of working in busy hospital environments in both the NHS and private sector. Able to work on their own initiative or in support of other healthcare professionals, whilst ensuring that at all times patient care procedures and practices are adhered to. Experience of looking after patients with various illness from chronic conditions like Diabetes to acute conditions like heart attacks or stroke. Currently looking for a staff nurse position in a suitable hospital.
REGISTERED NURSE – Hospital name
May 2009 – present
Playing a key role by being responsible for the delivery of basic practice nursing services care to patients. Focusing upon supporting patients by monitoring of their long-term conditions, administering treatment and advising on health prevention.
- Making patients aware of their treatment to ensure they are fully informed and consent to their treatment.
- Having to communicate in a caring manner with patients and their family members.
- Involved in working in the intensive care units as well as general hospital wards.
- Looking after patients of all ages from the very young to the very old.
- Responsible for assessing the medical history of patients and their record details and then evaluating patients and prioritizing their treatment.
- Supervising and mentoring student and newly qualified nurses.
- Involved in the administration procedures for a patients admission and also their discharge.
- Being the main point of contact for patients and communicating on their behalf with hospital managers.
- Liaising with hospital physicians and other healthcare professionals to write patient care plans.
- Carrying out tests, evaluations and also investigations.
- Carrying out administrative duties like updating and maintaining patient records.
- In hospital wards administering daily drug and medicine prescriptions to patients via injection or orally.
- Educating patients on matters of hygiene.
- Able to contribute in practical ways to the success of my team and to hospital targets.
- Involved in providing direct patient care, including assessing their needs and discussing their treatment and medical care with hospital doctors and consultants.
- Making sure the working environment is safe in a busy environment that is under pressure.
- To varying degrees have worked in very busy Accident and Emergency departments, operating theatres and post natal clinics.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations whilst at the same time being observant, adaptable and firm with patients.
- Experience of creating individual patient care systems that look after a patients physical, mental and social needs.
- Experience of using advanced hospital equipment and procedures including administration of intravenous fluids and vitamins to patients, operating different oxygen apparatus, electric beds and administering tube feeding pumps.
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies.
- Excellent organizational skills and having the ability to prioritize urgent treatments.
- Having excellent communication skills, ability to empathize to gain a patients trust and confidence.
- Able to prioritize busy workloads.
- Experience of collecting and recording study data of ECG’s, Blood Pressure, pulse, temperature and samples.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
BSc (Hons) Clinical Practice (Manchester University)
A Level GNVQ Health and Social Care and Early Years Level 3: C PASS
RCN Member Royal College of Nurses since 2006
Available on request.
Mobility: Full driving license
Languages: French, Spanish
Nurse CV examples
Nursing CV template
Online nursing degree
Training and academic links
Nursing degree courses