These days sending in an average word documented resume just isn’t enough. There is a considerable amount of competition for each vacancy, which means that to stand out your CV must be innovative, creative and attention grabbing. That’s the bad news, here’s the good news – our Resume Builder means that writing a successful resume has never been easier.
Use our resume building to create a perfect document within minutes. It will do the hard work for you in a fraction of the time it normally takes, and will give you a stunning high quality resume that you can easily tailor for different job roles. Our tool is a fast and easy way to make a first class resume that will make an immediately impression on potential employers, maximise your chances of getting an interview and ultimately get you the job you deserve.
No writing experience is needed, all you have to do is just point and click to put together a powerful, concise and easy to read resume from scratch. We have a wide range of popular, unique and proven formats that you can choose from, all of which are guaranteed to make your resume look the best it can.
What is a Resume Builder?
It is an online tool that helps jobseekers to create a resume easily, quickly and professionally. It allows users to customise and organise their personal profile, key skills, employment history, education and qualifications in a variety of appealing formats. Resume Builders are ideal for people who are not sure what to say or how to say it. They make the whole writing process easier by enabling you to create a well-written document in a few simple steps.
Let the Resume Builder do the work for you
Many job seekers struggle with putting together a good resume, it’s a difficult, stressful and time consuming task that very few people like. It can be a challenging job for even for the most experienced of writers. People find it demanding to write resumes because they;
- Find it hard to write objectively about themselves.
- Cannot explain their skills in a clear and concise way.
- Are not sure what an employer wants from a candidate.
- Do not know what to include and what to exclude.
- Suffer from writers block.
When writing a resume remember that…
- What you leave out is just as important as what you put in.
- Employers are most interested in those skills and experiences which are relevant for the job you’re applying for. It’s therefore imperative that you highlight those specific competencies you have that match the employers requirements.
- Too many resumes have similar qualifications, experiences and skills sets, to stand out and be noticed you must be different.
ABOUT OUR RESUME BUILDER
We have developed a state of the art Resume Builder that will present your abilities, achievements and qualifications in a way that make an immediate positive impression on the reader.
Over 9 Million visitors in the last year!
We have been around for over 10 years and are one of the biggest CV template websites in the world. For January 2015 our site had 1,029,717 unique visitors and over 3,283,861 pages views. In total we had job seekers from over 218 countries visit our site, with the majority of them coming from the UK, North America and Europe.
For the 12 month period between January 2014 to January 2015 this site had over 9.2 million unique visitors and over 29 million page views.
(All figures supplied by Google Analytics)
Advantages of using our resume builder
Our website has a comprehensive tool that allows you to create a resume that reflects your greatest strengths. It will put together a sleek resume that fits around you, beats the competition and gets you to the top of the pile.
- Build a perfect resume effortlessly within minutes.
- Save yourself a lot of time, effort and head scratching.
- No writing experience needed – just select, point, click and create.
- Publish multiple resume versions to cater to different job applications.
- 1000’s of expertly written and job specific sentences, phrases and keywords to choose from to help you to describe your skills, work duties and competencies.
- User friendly interface that is super quick and easy to use.
- Unlimited updates, amendments and downloads for a full 12 months.
- 24/7 access 365 days – work on your resume any time, day or night.
- Dozens of designs and formats to choose from.
- No experience of writing a resume required.
- Create, post, and share your resume in minutes
- One click designs.
Stages of our Resume Builder
Try to complete as many sections of the Resume Builder as possible, remember that the more you fill in, the more comprehensive your resume will be.
Enter your personal details into the required fields.
Search our bank of templates and choose a format.
Enter relevant information into the blank fields (if you are struggling to describe your competencies then use our examples tool). You will need details, facts and dates about your;
- Contact details
- Personal summary
- Career objective
- Work history
- References (if any)
Finish by printing, downloading or emailing your completed resume.
Multiple resume formats to choose from
Our Resume Builder has a wide and growing selection of easy to use pre-formatted templates in multiple professional designs. Give prospective employers a real idea of what you are all about by selecting a layout that organizes your work history, education and contact information in a unique way. Every draft can be easily customized to fit around your precise needs and you are sure to find one that properly reflects your experience, skills and future potential.
1000’s of job and industry specific sentences, phrases and keywords
There is no need to spend time, effort and head scratching thinking about what to write, we have thousands of examples of what to include in your resume and how you say it. All you have to do is just point and click our pre-written examples to insert them into your resume.
- 100’s of fully customisable Job Profiles that thoroughly describe the responsibilities of each position.
- 1000’s of pre-written job duties to choose from (for 100’s of different job roles).
Create numerous resumes
You can create as many resumes as you want. Your resume(s) and details are automatically and securely stored online, ready for whenever you want to start work on them.
Edit your resume anytime
You can login in anytime and use the inbuilt editor to;
- Keep your resume up to date and relevant with fresh information i.e. a change of address, new employer details or extra qualifications.
- Move sections around.
- Rename, add and delete sections.
- Change the format, font and style of text.
- Include bulleted and numbered lists.
- Use the spell checker to highlight misspelt words or grammar mistakes.
- Bold, underline and enhance key points that you want the employer to see.
Preview your resume as you build it
See it in different layouts or designs to get a real of idea of how it will look when finished.
Download, print or email your resume
You can do all of these in multiple file types including Microsoft Word and PDF formats.
Adding additional sections
You can tailor your resume around your competencies and experience by creating, editing and adding additional new sections such as;
- Other skills
- Salary requirements
- Volunteer experience
LIST OF TRANSFERABLE SKILLS
Transferable skills are universal portable skills that can be used in many different job roles. They are highly sought after by employers, who tend to look favourable upon applicants who can demonstrate a good set of them.
You are likely to have more transferable skills than you realize, this is because they can be learnt at home, school, work or play. To get a list of your own personal transferable skills start of by going back over your experiences in detail. Analyse each of your jobs and think about what you achieved and how you did it. Over the years you are almost certain to have developed many transferable skills that you did not know you had. Below is a list of transferable skills that can be used in the building of your resume;
- Checking information for accuracy.
- Filing records accurately.
- Keeping accurate records.
- Knowledge of office etiquette.
- Tracking records as they go through an administrative process.
- Have the ambition and hunger to match your requirements.
- Keen to progress and rise in company.
Attention to detail
- High attention to and passion for detail.
- Matching body language to situations.
- Reading the body language of others.
- Articulating a point of view.
- Building relationships of mutual trust with colleagues and clients.
- Charismatic and able to quickly build a rapport with others.
- Corresponding with others in a professional manner.
- Conveying complex information to non-expert audiences.
- Explaining things to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Good non verbal communication skills.
- Influencing others.
- Imaginative and able to come up with ideas.
- Keeping a professional tone in a conversation.
- Keeping calm in any confrontational situations.
- Making formal presentations.
- Presenting opinions and ideas in an open and objective way.
- Pronouncing words clearly.
- Putting together clear reports, letters and emails.
- Putting concepts across competently.
- Speaking before large groups of people.
- Speaking effectively to individuals and teams.
- Speaking in a way as to enthuses and inspires others.
- Writing accurately, clearly and concisely in variety of styles.
- Can provide outstanding customer care to clients.
- Confident enough to work in a client facing role.
- Developing an appropriate customer experience.
- Handling complaints in a tactful way.
- Impeccable client servicing experience.
- Anticipating the consequences of any action taken.
- Considering all the options before coming to a decision.
- Decisive and able to move fast to test and implement new ideas.
- Drawing conclusions from a set of observations.
- Making good judgements about what to do in a difficult situation.
- Not afraid to make important decision that will impact the company as a whole.
- Weighing up the pros and cons of a decision.
- Delegating tasks to subordinates and then making sure that the work is done properly.
- Directing the work of others
- Empowering others to act.
- Establishing an appropriate system of accountability.
- Have the resilience needed to see a project through to the end from start to finish.
- Committed to delivering positive outcomes.
- Confident in my ability to positively impact on operations.
- Confident that my efforts will have a huge impact on the success of the business.
- Developing product performance.
- Ensuring process alignment across an entire business.
- A good listener.
- Dependable and always there for colleagues.
- Displaying an understanding of and respect for individuals from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Know when to make compromises.
- Listening actively and attentively to what others have to say.
- Responding to the concerns of others.
- Sympathetic to the views of others.
- Conflict resolution.
- Displaying a sense of urgency in everything I do.
- Identifying critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Not afraid of responsibility.
- Willing to be the go to person in an organisation.
- Accurately interpreting rules and regulations.
- Bringing different parties together.
- Controlling situations.
- Coordinating activities.
- Designing and implementing plans of action.
- Enforcing rules and regulations.
- Evaluating the performance of staff.
- Giving clear instructions to others.
- Handling multiple demands for commitment of time, energy, and resources.
- Navigating complex environments.
- Not afraid to make unpopular decisions.
- Organising and chairing meetings.
- Seeing projects through to completion.
- Tough when necessary.
- Ensuring that changes are implemented in accordance with all relevant standards, policies and procedures.
- Predicting and forecasting events.
- Leading others effectively to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Managing different personalities.
- Managing small, medium and large teams.
- Managing staff from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Providing feedback to staff in a constructive manner.
- Resolving conflicts.
- Setting clear objectives for staff.
- Supervising others.
- Implementing processes or programs.
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Motivating others to do more.
- Raising the self-esteem of others.
- Classifying, recording, storing and retrieving information.
- Organising, structuring and arranging resources to achieve objectives.
- Super organised and always keeping on top of things.
- Identifying new opportunities.
- Able to overcome setbacks.
- Aware of my own personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Bags of initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Can adapt to different situations.
- Energetic and able to keep going for long periods of time.
- Good self awareness.
- Interacting easily with others.
- Memorising information.
- Positive, approachable and friendly by nature.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Remaining calm in an emergency.
- Self-assured, confident and positive about myself and my abilities.
- Treating others as I would like to be treated.
- Vast amounts of patience.
- Willing to ask for help when needed.
- Willing to take constructive criticism.
- Able to operate effectively in a competitive landscape.
- Have a detailed, meticulous and proactive approach to getting things done.
- A logical thinker who can plan long term.
- Thinking two steps ahead.
- A naturally analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Analysing and solving problems.
- Breaking problems down into small parts.
- Coming up with creative solutions to problems.
- Finding and extracting important information.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems through creative thinking and experimentation.
- Resourceful and always finding ways round problems.
- Analysing and interpreting information.
- Data mining.
- Critically evaluating data.
- Know where to find information.
- Track record of consistently delivering results.
- Willing to accept responsibility for completing tasks and own actions.
- My people skills are second to none.
- A team player who keeps their cool under pressure.
- Able to work across departments.
- Able to work with cross functional teams.
- Can work in a team structure.
- Team spirited and able to work with people from all social backgrounds.
- Working effectively as part of a wider team.
- Confident using computers and social media.
- Quick in learning how to use new software and technology.
- Punctual and always on time.
- Planning, organising and prioritising work.
- Making sure all tasks are completed on time and to the highest specifications.
- Managing time responsibly.
- Passing knowledge over to others clearly.
- Training new employees on company policies and procedures.
- Mentoring others.
- Happy to travel on a regular basis.
- Able to quick assess and understand a situation.
- A proven self starter with high levels of personal motivation.
- Able to work with minimal supervision or guidance for long periods of time.
- Following instructions well.
Working in a fast paced environment
- Can work to short deadlines.
- Experience of working in high growth environment.
- Finishing tasks on time.
- Managing multiple projects and tasks.