120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A passionate, positive team player who is driven to achieve the highest possible standards. Prepared to work long hours to get the job done and having a proven ability and desire to work within a fast-paced and changing retail environment. Focused on having high standards of presentation and pm reducing costs and driving sales performance to ensure maximum profits.
Fashion Retail Store
RETAIL MANAGER – May 2008 – Present
Responsible for running a retail outlet and making sure that store achieves and exceeds it’s set retail sales and profitability targets.
- Walking around the shop floor to ensure visual standards are being met.
- Setting goals for the retail sales teams.
- Providing outstanding customer service.
- Effectively managing staff members.
- Showcasing new retail lines to staff and colleagues.
- Identifying new sources of revenue.
- Supervising stock control.
- Handling, dealing with and storing takings.
- Reviewing the sales performance of the store and staff for the previous day and week.
- Liaising with the company Human Resources department in the recruitment of employees.
- Ensuring that stock levels are constantly maintained and that there are no shortages.
- Choosing which retail lines to offer for promotion.
- Deciding on the layout of the shop floor.
- Ensuding accurate trading and statistical records are kept.
- Organising promotions and publicity in the local press and also trade magazines.
- Carrying out staff appraisals and performance reviews.
- Making sure clothes are correctly priced up and that pricing procedures are followed.
- Re-organising merchandise.
- Collecting and analysing sales figures.
- When theft is suspected organising the searching of staff or customers.
- Dealing professionally and courteously with all customer complaints or queries.
- Arranging for the testing of fire drills and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Checking all retail stock deliveries.
- Making sure that all cash and stock handling procedures are followed in line with audit and security requirements.
- Organising and chairing meeting with senior manager and key staff.
- Meeting with the store manager to update them on performance.
- Undertaking risk assessments of the workplace.
- Proficiency with specialist retail management software.
- Able to motivate and incentivise staff to hit targets.
- A comprehensive understanding of all retail laws.
- Keeping up to date with trends in the retail and fashion industries.
- Constantly looking for ways to increase efficiency.
- Excellent retail industry and product knowledge.
- Strategy implementation.
- Can handle pressure and expectations.
- Ability to inspire trust from both staff and customers.
- Willing to work non traditional hours i.e. late evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Not deterred by setbacks.
- Good negotiating skills.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Luxury retail operations
Environmental Health & Safety
Ability to delegate
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Retail Management
NVQ Level 2 in Retail Skills
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.