Get a CV in 5 minutes with our CV Builder
It’s easy to use and you get access to lots of professional content to add.
Put your culinary knowledge to the test by taking our expertly designed and free online quiz. These questions are very similar to the ones you are likely to be asked in a real-life test. Each of the below questions has four multiple choice answers that you can choose from.
Assessments like these are an excellent way for you to find out if you are ready to enrol on and take certified chef courses or tests.
GET A CHEF CERTIFICATE – FREE
On this page you will find a bank of professionally developed Sous Chef resume templates. These examples will give you an idea of how to create eye catching documents that will increase you chances of getting invited to those all important interviews.
A Sous chef plays an important role in preparing food, and is vital to the smooth running of any kitchen. They are essentially second in command, and are intimately involved in the cooking and presentation of food. The word Sous is French and means ‘under’, when pronouncing it the final ‘s’ is silent, so it is pronounced as ‘Sue’. Sous chefs work under the charge of a chef, and are responsible for keeping track of all food being produced and of making sure that it is of the highest quality.
In your resume show that you can
- In the absence of the chef, take charge of the kitchen area.
- Supervise the work of others.
- Prepare food to the highest quality sand specification.
- Resolve disputes between kitchen staff.
- Store food properly.
- Ensure that food gets served on time.
- Manage the kitchen during meal times.
- Come up with menu specials.
- Train up new employees.
- Come up with culinary suggestions.
- Cultivate a employees talents.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with junior and senior members of staff.
Demonstrate that you have
- The ability to make key decisions.
- Knowledge of all cooking classifications.
- An understanding of many national and international dishes.
Show knowledge of
- Cooking professionally.
- Food presentation.
- Menu planning
- Sanitation and safety