The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A dynamic, sociable and proactive individual who is an expert at preparing/serving beverages to Guests and being attentive to their needs. Maxine is familiar with the latest developments in mixology, bar equipment, and the hospitality industry as a whole. She has an in-depth feel for the service sector, and is more than able to maintain an attractive bar where everybody has a good time, goes home happy and looks forward to coming back. Possessing a strong a team mentality, excellent communication skills and a great personality allows her to remain calm in any fast-paced and stressful environment. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company where her education, experience and skills will be fully utilized.
BARTENDER – January 2010 – present
Employers name – Coventry
Responsible for providing guests with a prompt, friendly and efficient bar service. Also required to carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Beverage Management.
- Preparing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Mixing drinks in accordance with established recipes.
- Ensuring that there are adequate supplies of alcohol at the bar.
- Welcoming and greeting guests as they arrive.
- Keeping the bar and drinks area spotless.
- Requesting identification from customers who may be under the legal drinking age.
- Making sure that the bar station is clean, organized, and properly stocked.
- Advising guests on drink selection.
- Slicing fruit for garnished drinks.
- Calculating bills.
- Registering sales.
- Accepting cash and credit card payment from customers.
- Answering guest questions and queries.
- Observing the highest sanitation and safety standards.
- Taking orders from guests.
TRAINEE BARTENDER – May 2008 – January 2010
Employers name – Birmingham
CASHIER – July 2007 – May 2008
Employers name – Birmingham
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of popular food, beer and wines.
- Starting a casual conversation.
- Ability to wow our customers as they enter building.
- Experience of bartending in a luxury high end establishment.
- Performing all bartending duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Having superb manual dexterity to use and operate machinery.
- Ability to make people feel special.
- Professional smart appearance and demeanor.
- Good sense of humour.
- Able to modify personal approach to different guests.
- Physically fit and able to remain standing or walking for long periods of time.
- High energy levels.
- Possessing basic mathematic abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to lift heavy rays of food or drinks.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfil various cleaning tasks.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Central Birmingham University – Hospitality Degree 2003 – 2007
Aston College – HND 2001 – 2003
Coventry School; O levels Maths (A) English (B) Geography (B) Physics (A)
Available on request.