120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0121 638 0026
Skilled in all aspects of chemical engineering including process computer simulation, development, equipment sizing and specification. Also have hands-on experience in making sure that standards of quality are met while production costs are kept as low as possible. Proven ability to use applied research and problem-solving skills for establishing the root cause of any chemical-related failure, as well as heading any investigations.
Helen is keen to join a successful and dynamic company that will challenge her problem solving skills and allow her to continue to develop her knowledge and potential.
Paint Manufacturing Company
CHEMICAL ENGINEER – May 2008 – Present
Having direct responsibility for solving the practical problems in the manufacture and use of the companies products. Also in overall charge of the laboratory, conducting tests on different materials in order to determine the safety, danger or capability of a certain material before any testing is made.
- Working closely with process chemists and chemical technicians to ensure maximum output levels and the efficient running of the production facility.
- Attending all process safety reviews as necessary and making sure that all agreed recommendations are adhered to.
- Estimating production cost reports for senior managers.
- Attend weekly progress meetings with other members of the development team.
- Involved in researching ways to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Participating in incident investigations.
- Preparing plant layout, equipment list, capital cost estimate and operating cost estimate.
- Developing process chemistry.
- Deciding on the most effective arrangement of operations for mixing, crushing and heat transfer etc.
- Conducting experiments and calculating temperature and pressure during the industrial process.
- Providing technical expertise, leadership and direction to various work groups.
- Developing strict safety guidelines are making sure they are adhered to.
- Involved in building small-scale models of the actual processing facilities.
- Reviewing and approving drawings and assembly layouts.
- Advising on which plant and machinery will be the most efficient.
- Supervising production lines.
- Interacting with regulatory agencies and authorized inspectors to ensure regulatory compliance.
Chemical Engineering competencies
- Familiarity with all process design safety requirements.
- Possessing a excellent team spirit and capable of interacting effectively with other discipline engineers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Comprehensive understanding of government and industry related rules and regulations.
- Familiar with CHEMCAD, HAZOP and AUTOCAD.
- Extensive experience of developing industrial chemical processes.
- Knowledge of both mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Able to work in cross-functional projects.
- Experience of absorption, evaporation and electromagnetic equipment.
- Able to perform predictive and root cause analysis of problems and then initiate corrective action.
- Flexible handling a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Attention to detail.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Oxidation, pollution control
Production of plastics
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
MEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering with Environmental Engineering
Coventry North College 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Online chemical engineering degree