Free Civil Engineer CV templates
Click to download
Civil Engineer CV example
Address line 1
Address line 2
T: 0121 638 0026
M: 0044 121 638 0026
E: philip.g@made up email.com
An ambitious and dedicated civil engineer with strong practical and technical skills and a range of experience within construction engineering and project management. Having a sound knowledge of designing, testing and evaluating a designs overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Currently seeking a challenging professional civil or structural engineering position either in the UK or abroad and willing to consider permanent or short term contracts.
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER – Company name
January 2008 – present
Involved in a project to renovate and improve existing sewerage and potable water infrastructure, including pumping stations rising mains and treatment plants. Responsible for identifying, promoting and implementing standards and quality management on behalf of the client.
- Working on the design of surface water detention systems, adoptable public sewerage, pumping stations and rising mains, access roads and SUDS systems.
- Involved in determining the curb & gutter and back of walkway and designed gutter slopes to ensure storm water flow.
- Decided the fire hydrant and manhole locations.
- Working on design analysis and hydraulic modeling of sewer systems, as well as reinforced concrete foundations / retaining walls.
- Ensuring each project is in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Directing tasks to a multi-disciplined team of staff.
- Arranging the planning and scheduling of work.
- Creating Monthly Quality Audits.
- Carrying out pre inspections and also final inspections.
- Carrying out spot inspections on welding, pipe cleanliness, compression fitting installation etc.
- Liaison with engineers, designers, local authorities, contractors and suppliers.
CIVIL ENGINEER – company name
April 2007 – January 2008
Responsible for the creation and management of proposals, scopes, budgets, timelines, specifications and cost estimates.
- Involved in a project that included the construction, maintenance and repair work on motorways.
- Designing and supervising of motorway maintenance works.
- Involved in highways drainage systems, motorway widening, inspection of bridge structures.
- Responsible for the design and development of bridge maintenance schemes.
- Maintaining non-conformance / non-compliance records and logs.
- The constant monitoring of the project work and also ongoing cost control.
- Prior planning and the identification of critical materials essential for the project construction.
- Responsible for quality control of engineering and construction documents.
- Able to understand a clients quality compliance requirements and then make sure they are met.
- Have worked for both public and private sector clients.
- Experience of designing of drainage systems for both rural and urban catchments.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work closely with both clients and other specialists such as architects and building contractors
- Much experience of drainage works, storm water and sewer-line installation.
- Ability to carry our detailed feasibility studies for projects to ensure the most effective and efficient utilisation of materials, equipment and labour.
- Shaft and tunnel design and construction.
- Having the ability to visualise a completed project from technical drawings and other plans.
- Experience of working on major foundations, reinforced concrete and steelwork structures including specialized construction.
- Experience of using the latest computer software for modeling and design purposes.
- Experience of both conceptual and detailed design projects.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of government building regulations and industry codes of practise.
- Ability to assess the potential impact of a project on the local environment.
- Arranging and chairing meetings with clients.
- Ability to liaise with key project stake holders like the clients, water companies, the Environment Agency, local authorities and also utility companies.
- Experience of designing, project managing & liaising with clients.
- Directing outside consultants in construction activities.
- Assisting in the pricing of tender enquiries and valuations.
- Able to ensure that all quality matters relating to project control, design, procurement, implementation and asset handover and commissioning are identified.
- Managing, maintaining and improving the Quality Management System on construction sites.
- Managing and controlling the Continuous Quality Process Improvement Programme.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Producing ACAD plans
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Microstation 2D & 3D
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Structural Engineer Craftons Engineering 2006 – 2007
Engineer Bishops Construction 2004 – 2006
BSC Civil Engineering 2001
CEng Chartered Civil Engineer, 2004
MICE Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers 2004
Jan 2010 Introduction to AutoCad 2010
Sept 2009 CIWEM Sewerage and Waste Water Treatment Seminar
Sept 2009 CDM Regulations 2007 and compliance
Sept 2009 Checking and Auditing WinDes Submissions Micro drainage
Oct 2008 Suds and Floods Conference, ICE London
REFERENCES – available on request.
Driving license: Yes
Languages: English, French, German
Engineering CV templates
Mechanical Engineer CV
Mechanical Engineer CV example
Gas engineer CV
Gas engineer CV template
Test engineer CV
Test engineer CV sample
Project engineer CV
Project engineer CV sample
Process engineer CV
Process engineer CV sample
Electrical engineer CV
Electrical engineer CV sample
Design engineer CV
Design engineer CV sample
CV template examples
Online civil engineering degree