The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
Maxine has extensive experience of supervising construction sites and running building projects. She has a track record of coming up with new and innovative ways of making large projects work more efficiently. You can rely on her to manage complex schemes that demand innovative solutions to meet immovable deadlines and inflexible budgets. In her current role she takes full responsibility for the successful management of all activity on a site. Through her career she has gained experience of working for construction, house building and property development companies. Right now, she wants to join a well known company that is respected within the construction industry.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for ensuring that all construction project work is carried out according to the client’s specifications.
- Involved in projects from initial conception and design, right through to completion and handover.
- Undertaking reviews of construction works to confirm everything is built as per design so that the project can be passed back to the asset owner the way they want it.
- Providing a link between office and site staff.
- Ensuring that staff and site operatives complete all required documentation.
- Co-ordinating the delivery and pick up of construction materials as required.
- Liaising directly with the purchasing department to ensure the timely delivery of all plant and materials to site.
- Maintaining good relationships with everyone involved on a project.
- Negotiating with and hiring subcontractors and workers.
- Planning works in conjunction with the site team.
- Being the primary person to contact for sub-contractors, regulatory bodies and members of the public.
- Organising meetings at various intervals to discuss the progress of the project and any issues or concerns.
- Reporting regularly to the client and design team.
- Applying for and then securing required permits and licences.
- Carrying our regular site audits and searching for discrepancies etc.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience of building residential houses, commercial properties, bridges and skyscrapers.
- Determining material and labor costs needed to complete a project.
- Good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Strictly enforcing workplace related health and safety rules.
- Comparing current documentation and practices against best practice and legal obligations.
- Sustaining the Company’s reputation with its existing client base.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Not afraid to stand up to unruly or improper behaviour from building staff.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally as part of my job.
- Prepared to be held accountable for the success or failure of a project.
- Well-spoken, articulate and personable and able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical, numerical, literacy and reasoning abilities.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.
APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEMS AND HOW TO BEAT THEM
Use the infographic below as a guide on how to get past these automated guard dogs.