The Big Peg
120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0044 121 638 0026
A good problem solver and forward planner who can ensure that a project is completed safely, on time and within the allocated budget allowance. Maxine is a very professional individual who has great understanding of the construction process. She can manage the day-to-day running of a site and supervise its staff, subcontractors, material suppliers and utility providers to ensure things get done on time. In her current role she liaises directly with clients to develop and define projects from the beginning through to project end. She has a reputation for setting realistic targets and monitoring progress against them to ensure projects are completed on time. Through her career she has got to understand how the sector works and how all disciplines work together within it. On a personal level quality and a client-care ethos underlie all of her activities. Right now, she is looking for a unique opportunity to join a company that has a diverse range of projects which will keep her engaged and excited.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER – Start Date – Present
Employers name – Location
Responsible for supervising staff and directing various operations within a building project.
- Carrying out the full management of building services on a high end residential project.
- Convening and chairing meetings with clients.
- Liaising and negotiating with regulatory bodies.
- Carrying out and recording site inspections.
- Providing weekly progress reports to senior managers and the company MD.
- Ensuring that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Managing individuals in various roles appropriate for the project.
- Coordinating the building of a construction project.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Assisting with supporting the site set up.
- Giving individual staff members tasks to complete and then checking on their workmanship for quality etc.
- Having regular meetings with clients to keep them appraised of progress or any delays.
JOB TITLE – Start Date – End Date
Employers name – Location
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong experience of managing a team and delivering projects through subcontracted labour.
- Innovative and adaptable to change.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good at presenting and debating ideas in meetings.
- Experience of being involved in the construction, conversion and refurbishment of student accommodation, health facilities, commercial offices and retail outlets.
- Sociable by nature and can quickly form friendships with people I have just met.
- Never getting overwhelmed by work, highly organised and able to keep on top of things.
- Always the first to arrive and the last to leave.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
University name – Degree details Study Dates
College name – Qualifications Study Dates
School name – Subjects / Grades Study Dates
Available on request.