120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A graceful professional dancer who possesses a sense of rhythm, a feeling for music, and a creative ability to express themselves through movement. Having good health and excellent physical stamina as well as an ability to work as part of a team with other singers, performers, artists and actors. Harmonize body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment. Multi-skilled and able to translate those skills into movement that expresses ideas and stories.
Jane is currently looking for a suitable position with a dance company where she can fulfill her potential and maximize her earnings.
Performing Arts Company
DANCER - May 2008 - Present
Traveling around the country working in dance studios as part of a team alongside casting directors and other professionals.
- Involved in choosing the music, sounds and lighting for dance routines.
- Performing complex dance routines to music.
- Attending auditions and casting sessions.
- Rehearsing dance movements.
- Attending photographic and filming shoots on various locations.
- Moving to different dance styles.
- Going on tour around the country, visiting different venues.
- Choreographing dance routines.
- During a performance harmonizing physical movements to the beat of musical instruments.
- Working choreographers to make a performance as perfect as possible.
- Attending make up sessions and costume fittings.
- Performing in front of live audiences.
- Looking after costumes, props and equipment.
- Teaching and instructing dancing to classes.
- Performing salsa and disco routines.
- Ability to develop new versions of existing dance routines.
- Posses a good sense of rhythm and timing.
- Possessing balance, poise, posture, limberness, springiness, suppleness and relaxed movement.
- Can work solo or as part of a group.
- High level of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
- Excellent ability to coordinate body movements.
- Physical fit with good stamina.
- Possessing a naturally flexible body.
- Knowledge of modern, acrobatic and classical dance styles.
- Up to date with the latest developments in the music, dance and fashion industries.
- Experience of dancing on film and television shows, nightclubs, theatre productions and promotional events.
- Excellent flexibility in stretching, twisting and bending my body.
- Quick in movement.
- Fully aware of all health and safety requirements.
- Ability to memorise complicated movements and roles.
- Having a feeling for music.
- Having a creative mind.
- Engaged in continuous learning in order to broaden professional knowledge.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Can concentrate for long periods of time.
- An ability to work with professionals like musicians and choreographers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to give instructions as well as follow them.
- Social Perceptiveness.
- Coaching and developing other dancers.
- High levels of resilience.
- Organisational skills.
- Emotionally strong and confident.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North University 2005 - 2008
BA (Hons) Fine Art
Coventry North School 2003 - 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES - Available on request.
Dance Teacher resume examples
Dance Teacher resume
Dance Teacher resume 1
Dance Teacher resume 2
Dance Teacher resume 3
Actor CV sample
Cover letter examples
More CV template examples
Copyright information - Please read
© This Dancer CV template is the copyright of Dayjob Ltd 2010. Job seekers may download and use this resume for their own personal use to help them create their own CV. You are most welcome to link to this page or any other page on our website. However this curriculum vitae sample must not be distributed or made available on other websites without our prior permission. For any questions relating to the use of these teacher CV templates please email: email@example.com.