120 Vyse Street
Birmingham B18 6NF
T: 0121 638 0026
M: number here
A graceful professional dancer who possesses a sense of rhythm, a feeling for music, and a creative ability to express themselves through movement. Having good health and excellent physical stamina as well as an ability to work as part of a team with other singers, performers, artists and actors. Harmonize body movements to rhythm of musical accompaniment. Multi-skilled and able to translate those skills into movement that expresses ideas and stories.
Jane is currently looking for a suitable position with a dance company where she can fulfill her potential and maximize her earnings.
Performing Arts Company
DANCER – May 2008 – Present
Traveling around the country working in dance studios as part of a team alongside casting directors and other professionals.
- Involved in choosing the music, sounds and lighting for dance routines.
- Performing complex dance routines to music.
- Attending auditions and casting sessions.
- Rehearsing dance movements.
- Attending photographic and filming shoots on various locations.
- Moving to different dance styles.
- Going on tour around the country, visiting different venues.
- Choreographing dance routines.
- During a performance harmonizing physical movements to the beat of musical instruments.
- Working choreographers to make a performance as perfect as possible.
- Attending make up sessions and costume fittings.
- Performing in front of live audiences.
- Looking after costumes, props and equipment.
- Teaching and instructing dancing to classes.
- Performing salsa and disco routines.
- Ability to develop new versions of existing dance routines.
- Posses a good sense of rhythm and timing.
- Possessing balance, poise, posture, limberness, springiness, suppleness and relaxed movement.
- Can work solo or as part of a group.
- High level of technical proficiency, physical ability, and physical fitness.
- Excellent ability to coordinate body movements.
- Physical fit with good stamina.
- Possessing a naturally flexible body.
- Knowledge of modern, acrobatic and classical dance styles.
- Up to date with the latest developments in the music, dance and fashion industries.
- Experience of dancing on film and television shows, nightclubs, theatre productions and promotional events.
- Excellent flexibility in stretching, twisting and bending my body.
- Quick in movement.
- Fully aware of all health and safety requirements.
- Ability to memorise complicated movements and roles.
- Having a feeling for music.
- Having a creative mind.
- Engaged in continuous learning in order to broaden professional knowledge.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Can concentrate for long periods of time.
- An ability to work with professionals like musicians and choreographers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to give instructions as well as follow them.
- Social Perceptiveness.
- Coaching and developing other dancers.
- High levels of resilience.
- Organisational skills.
- Emotionally strong and confident.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
Evesham North University 2005 – 2008
BA (Hons) Fine Art
Coventry North School 2003 – 2005
A levels: Maths (C) English (C) Physics (B)
REFERENCES – Available on request.
Dance Teacher resume examples
Dance Teacher resume
Dance Teacher resume 1
Dance Teacher resume 2
Dance Teacher resume 3
Actor CV sample
Cover letter examples
More CV template examples